P/S Update

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Re: P/S Update

I've got to stick up for Nikki, he is not so much a "negative Nancy" more of a "cantankerous Cathy" in that he says what he feels, regardless of if it is easy to hear or not.
Written by a "meddling Marge"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks, OCD Oskar. You keep me an Honest Hank. I liked being the Negative Nancy.
I tackled a much misunderstood situation, on another forum, where a car was given a boost and in less than a block the car failed after it wore through the surface charge. Most everyone on that thread thought they had found the magic cure after changing a bunch of random expensive parts. It is not an easy task to change the beliefs of forum rats.
The truth is more often than not an offensive assault on someone's reality.
Attachments
ENERGY BUNNY.jpg
NEGATIVE NANCY
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Hoo boy, just can't leave it alone can you? Kevin comes along and does a sharp piece of engineering and wants to share it with us and you just have to sh#t on his thread. Not too cool in my book.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:53 am

The Toyota box is one of the more common PS boxes that is configured somewhat like the original steering box on the International.

Street rodders successfully adapted the Toyota box to the '50's F-series pickups ["Effies"] for years. http://classicperform.com/tech_articles/F-100_Steering/F-100_Steering.htm

So Kevin is adapting some proven technology to his Binder. I applaud his effort. If you want to keep the stock I-beam axle, it's a rational alternative.
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Very nice work Kevin I always like to see what your doing to your truck next. At least your truck runs and drives. I still haven’t figured out how I want to set my power steering up with the electric power steering pump. Have some plans but have not finalized them. Ignore the negative Nancy, however not always easy.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240
Previous

Return to L, R and S