Speedometer Gear Help!!

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:25 am

Re: Speedometer Gear Help!!

Looks like I may have found my part. Seems to be the same that fits a Scout 80. If it works I will post some pics and some info that may help someone else. Thanks.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:15 pm

lbesq wrote:
cred wrote:I've got a 56 S-120. The speedometer doesn't work but the odometer does. I'm thinking the cable controls both, so I'm thinking the cable is ok. Any suggestions? I know they carry the cable at NAPA.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0066832906

Do you have a picture of your speedo?

Here are a couple of pics. The fuel gauge doesn't work either. It moves around but is not accurate. The speedometer doesn't move at all. THX!
I don't know why it flipped one pic 180 and the other a quarter turn!
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo 1.JPG

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:41 pm

All the speedo's I have only go to 80mph. Can you pull yours out? If so, does it rattle inside, if so, probably had a "gear" inside come apart. If your mileage part is working and the speedo is not, cable should be good, Do not remember but should be able to disassembled and look inside.(be careful to not lose anything)
Short of maybe repairing yours, you will need to find another one. Fuel gauge not reading right could be several things. bad float/crude on it, Bad ground, Wrong sender. Gauge is reading something so it should be good, look to the other Items.

These are my thoughts, others may have better/different Ideas.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:09 pm

I have some 63286H gears if anyone needs one. Not sure exactly what they fit. Also have SW94143 stamped into them

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I really love this site! I'll try and take it apart sometime soon. I'd like to have the speedometer working but it's not a huge problem since it doesn't go faster than about 45-50 mph. But it'd be nice to have it working. I got the truck about 3 1/2 yrs ago from my grandpa. He said it hasn't worked for as long as he can remember. For the fuel gauge, I know the truck gets about 8-9 mpgs and it's a 15 gal tank so I usually get gas every 50-90 miles. Thanks again!
Previous

Return to L, R and S