Factory one piece visor

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Factory one piece visor

I was looking at the link Trevor posted and the "Vehicle Range" list,they list the R-190 but no other R model which I find curious since it would have the Comfo-Vision cab. SO logically if it fits an R-190 why wouldn't it fit all the models that used that cab???

Catalog,see pg.8 2nd line;
http://www.hy-waysunvisors.com.au/vehiclerange.pdf

They have an E-mail address,can't hurt to try and get more info,pic's and...
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I think the Aussie visor will fit but it looks different than the ones made in the US. I have several pictures of the Aussie visors but I can't seem to find them. I personally don't like the looks of the Aussie visor but the price is not bad. I think the price was around $250 plus shipping depending on the exchange rate. I almost ordered one last spring but changed my mind. It just doesn't look right. Dan

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks for updating , I checked out pics. of G-forces Gray truck with visor, I think thats what were looking for. My apologies for not searching the Forum ,The building just got sold and now we've got to move our shop,7 years of accumulation. Good to have friends with extra room, We're moving into a fully equipped Hot Rod Shop of an old friends. Much better for the short term until we can build our own. Thanks, Sandusky

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for sure. My wife has bad eyes, so I got lucky 36 years ago. I do not like the look from any angle, for my trucks. Anyway, at any speed over 100km, the visors are likely to take on a life of their own, in another postal code.
Having said this, if I still had a sun visor, I would give it away. After the main sections were mistaken for scrap, someone chucked them into recycling and they were gone. I managed to save some of the original side mounting hardware and I gave it all to MAGIHC Mike. magihc1@telus.net. Mike was working on re-popping the visors and I do not know if he ever finished. It might be worth an email. Mike has lots of "I-know-where-there-is-one".
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 pm

What fits an Australian R cab may not fit a US R cab. Some Australian Rs had a 2 piece wind shield instead of the US one piece curved windshield. There may be other differences which effect fit.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:55 am

I personally like the look of the sun visor, it covers up the way too big of windshield the L, R, S have. I can see just fine out the windshield. We used to have a 1952 L-180 grain truck, it had a sun visor. My GF got it sometime in the late 50's, it was already on the truck. The L180 was going down the road in early 90's. I took it off & put it on to the his 1952 L-110. Its been on it since then, with no issues. I know its the wrong colour, I'm fine with that. Also, had to drill 2 some holes into cowel, I'm okay with that to.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:03 am

I brought a 1950 L-110 from a friend, plan is to take scout power train & make a fun driver. Brought this 1951 L-120 for the visor, hood, grill, left rear fender. Its different visor than the I have on the 1952 L-110. Towed it home @ 120kph (75mph) with no movement of the sun visor. Other day, the winds in Alberta were close to 130 kph for most of the day. The sun visor is still on the truck.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 am

Saw this bright yellow L at nats with a visor. It different than the 2 I have.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 am

What is all that white stuff? I think it is great that we don't all like the same things. I'm not a Bieber fan either.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 am

Hey Redturbo,That's the style of visor were looking for,the one on the yellow L thanks for posting pics. anybody Got One For Sale? Sandusky
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S