Wiper blades

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 am

Re: Wiper blades

Nice!! I'd love to see a Somerset driving down the road!!

Here is a pic of my wiper arm.
The wipers I have will connect to this but wouldn't be solid enough to use.
Attachments
1120130736a.jpg
1953 R-120
4 spd, Long bed 220 ci

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Those arms are the same as mine so I guess I'll keep looking. :t0117: As for the Austin, I have 3 to work on. The one in the rear of the pic actually runs but the body is rough, the one in the foreground has a fairly decent body, frozen engine, and rough fenders, the 3rd I still have to see as it is up in Edmonton presently and I have to wait until hunting season is over before the PO can deliver it. Then the trouble begins :t3901; :t3901; :t3901;
Vehicles;
1953 R130
3 X 1952-'54 Austin A40 Somsersets

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Looks like mine. I used the scout 80 blades on it. I think I still have the part number. Try to get it tomorrow.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

From little research from Ebayers, it looks like possibly early Chevy's have the same wiper arm end. Possibly the wiper blades are the same?
1953 R-120
4 spd, Long bed 220 ci

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 pm

It is possible they are the same as AD Chevys after all if you need rear cab corners they aren't much different, a little massaging and they work.
Vehicles;
1953 R130

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I did this search awhile back using the IH pn from the MT-97. Don't know the outcome,the OP never posted if they were correct or not.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1686&p=10537&hilit=wiper+blades#p10537
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Scottso, I ordered the Anco blades and found they had the plastic adapters that are useless to my truck. I'm looking at them in my hand right now.
Vehicles;
1953 R130

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 pm

I hate those :t10512: adapters too!
Like I said,since the OP in that thread never followed up there was no confirmation on it.
From as best I can see these are the "old" bayonet mount blade,correct? I was thinking and pulled the 12" Loadstar blade (331647C91) out of memory and Googled it.
I found this for one;
http://www.travelallparts.com/products/ ... ew=product

IF the pic is what they have it's exactly as I remember them. I noticed they have the pn I found that's in the other thread listed as well. Image I usually take their look-ups with a grain of salt though. They "suspect" they were used on other models. Image Not really too bad a price considering the vendor though.

I also decided to Google "Bayonet mount wiper blades" to see if I could narrow things down and see what came up,it did help.
This piqued my interest...
http://www.ffcars.com/FAQ/wipers.html

So I Googled AFI inc. which brought me here...
http://www.marinco.com/

Started looking and found this;
http://www.marinco.com/product/stainles ... d-blade-11

Googled the pn to see if there was a better pic of it and...
http://www.boatersland.com/afi-33004.html

An even better pic,run the cursor over it.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NI1D3M/?tag=gangcom-20

That appears to be the correct mount (and no adapter) as long as the pic's are the actual part. Not cheap but they are stainless. If there's a marine parts store close enough it might be worth the trip and see if they match up.Not that they have to be that brand,I imagine there are others with bayonet mount blades.

Google search;
https://www.google.com/#q=33004++blade&start=0

At the least it gives you another venue to look in other than automotive.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:38 am

both Napa and orioles as well as specialty power windows has and are can get the correct wiper blades.
next more than likely the ones you received/purchased are plastic and they will not work if you bought/received the plastic ones.

reason being is there are newer vesicles that use 12 inch wiper blades.

how ever the older d/k/kb/l/r/s and other used the metal type that were normally polished stainless steel.
also the early Chevy's use a total different wiper blade and it will not work.
this said i will get the correct part number for the original metal type from Napa and oriels' hopefully next week and post them for every buddy.
lastly when i bough my 10 inch which are identical in every way but length as the 12 inch for the l/r/s they were $7.00 a piece at oriels verses $29.00 a piece at Napa.
Robertkb48

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 am

ok found the correct wiper blade/blades for the l/r/s at Napa.
the parts numbers are as follows
wip600116 11 inch.
wip601233 12 inch.
the price at my local Napa in long beach- sea view was is $9.29 a blade.

next Oreilles web sight does not want to bring up the part number for the 10 inch yet alone the 11 are 12 even though i know they have them.

there for i will get it and post it when i have it.

this said most Napa stores are franchises/privately owned instead of corporately owned.

so there for each Napa stores prices can and do vary so depending on were you go the price can be more are less.

these are identical style/type i used on my kb1 except for the length as the k/kb uses 10 inch instead of 11 are 12.

even thought these are longer than the k/kb/d i can tell you there correct as the d/k/kb/l/r/s all have the same style wiper blade.

how the wiper arm itself is different on all models.

yet the k/kb/l/r/s all use the same style end on the wiper arm which is a flat with a raised pin/button.

how ever the d series uses the hook and eye style as allot of guys refer to it as.

further more it is like what you find on allot of boat motor wiper arms as well as allot of early GM products instead of the flat end with raised button/pin.

also my kb1 used/uses the metal type like the Napa ones instead of the newer modern plastic type and Napa refers to these there metal ones as there classic line.

continuing there also allot a lot cheaper than the 10 inch which Napa wants $29.00 dollars a blade as were Oreilles was only $7.00 dollars pre blade for the 10 inch.

how ever the 10 inch are less common/less demand than the larger 11/12s so that is
there more than the 11/12.
lastly hope this helps Robert
Attachments
wiperblade1.jpg
wiperblade1.jpg (1.01 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
PreviousNext

Return to L, R and S