In need of some pictures

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:14 pm

In need of some pictures

Can any of you guys get me some pictures of your door seals? Especially on the door and door hinge area. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
55' R-110 w/Intercooled Cummins 4bt, Hoset HX30W, Ford ZF5, Borg Warner 1356 T-Case, Ford 8.8 w/3.73/9800 miles and counting/4x4 swap 50% done

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: In need of some pictures

Monty, I have a couple hundred pictures of my trucks but none really show the seals. I have tried to find a couple that might give you some help. I bought my door seals in a kit from Restoration specialties and they provided a diagram which helped. There are seals in six different places around the door area. The bottom of the door has a track that a seal slides into. The same seal material is used at the bottom rear of the cab door opening and it also fits in a track. There are two different seal materials that go into the groove on the cab that the door fits against when closed. I've provided a picture showing the fit of the two seals. At the bottom of the front door opening, there is a seal that fastens with screws. There is also a seal that fits on the front of the door, looks like a piece of quarter round molding, that runs from the bottom of the door to about 1/3 of the way back on top of the door. Sorry no pictures of it. Hope this helps. Dan
Attachments
fr27.JPG
Red doors 082.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Do not get too hung up on buying the exact door seal. The IHC situation was similar to many other manufacturers. Take a good look at the situation and the clearances then buy something that will fit.
Plasticine or some other molding clay laid in the space you want to fill, then close the door and see what the shape will be.
http://southlandit.com/about-old-internationals/ will likely have the seals you need.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 pm

I just wung it and got the same results as Dan, which confirms that i installed it correctly. I as got my seals from restoration specialties and i got only a picture of a door with arrows pointing where each seal went. Which i did and the door was unable to close, so i just placed them where it would make sense. Its amazing how much that reduces noise and wind.
55' R-110 w/Intercooled Cummins 4bt, Hoset HX30W, Ford ZF5, Borg Warner 1356 T-Case, Ford 8.8 w/3.73/9800 miles and counting/4x4 swap 50% done

Return to L, R and S