Help ID oil bath

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Re: Help ID oil bath

What makes you believe it's for an International at all? OB air cleaners is all there was for eons,that's all there was.
That same style was used by Diamond-T,White,REO and more.

A better pic of the entire assy. not too close and upright might be more useful. Also,are there any numbers stamped on any of the parts? Even the pn for an individual part might pop up in a web search.

What is the overall height & diameter? The inlet dia. and the two other openings might be useful if typed.

Have you tried the ATHS forum? Those guys have trucks of just about every make there was,someone might recognize it.(plus need/want it).

Where are you located? I know of a guy in N.J. that is/was in the old Jeep parts business,had a barn and chicken coops full of stuff.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri May 02, 2014 8:59 am

It looks very similar to what was in my IH S-140, but I don't have the truck any more to make a direct comparison or check the part number. I do remember the yellow Donaldson sticker, though. It had a BD-264 engine with a 2BBL manifold, and the line set ticket indicated an optional 'heavy use' air cleaner. The truck had a hydrovac booster, so the air cleaner did have the similar, smaller ports.

There was a 'post' bracket bolted to the side of the engine and the air cleaner was mounted on that, and it was connected to the carb via a horizontal tube.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue May 13, 2014 9:29 pm

As I said it is a KB8 air cleaner...it may have been used by others as well. I have others to directly compare it to, and in-fact ended up buying it from him.

The people over at ATHS pointed him in our direction.

Tad
Previous

Return to L, R and S