Drum Brakes for my '53

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Drum Brakes for my '53

I bought it back in November last year. It made a 2 hour 40 mile drive the day I purchased it (from Covington to New Orleans) so looking forward to making more long slow trips with it. Only 1 row of seats put in from 90's Dodge Caravan. However, I'm going to pull it out so that I can fit Mardi Gras Indian suit(s) in it. it has lift/tailgate in back.

I saw that one in the New Orleans Craigslist some time back, (I do a continent wide search engine daily for travelalls, :shock: sometimes twice a day :roll: ) :m03104:

that is a nice one, was way too far from WA. state for me to consider though, it was priced pretty reasonable if I remember right, good deal! :t0201: :yay:
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:24 am

So did those drums ever arrive?
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am

Got the drums from Rock Auto. Ended up sending the lug nuts back b/c they had them at local O'Reilly Auto Parts. Did have to get new bolts for the lugs to spin right on both sides. But now the old girl rides like an 80's Suburban. Now to change out the motor. It's been having a weird misfire. A friend of mine in MS has been holding a GM 350 small block for "whenever I needed to upgrade". I also drive a '49 Chevy 3600 that's all original. Keep y'all posted.
Great days begin with fantastic mornings!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Great to hear the drums worked out! Having all RH-thread nuts is a fairly good idea.

Always good to find another old International back on the road!
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:51 pm

DeeJayNOLA wrote:Got the drums from Rock Auto. Ended up sending the lug nuts back b/c they had them at local O'Reilly Auto Parts. Did have to get new bolts for the lugs to spin right on both sides. But now the old girl rides like an 80's Suburban. Now to change out the motor. It's been having a weird misfire. A friend of mine in MS has been holding a GM 350 small block for "whenever I needed to upgrade". I also drive a '49 Chevy 3600 that's all original. Keep y'all posted.

I like the way those old travelalls ride,

I just sold two of mine, down to one in the driveway,

looking at a rare 52 L series one now :t3717:
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Previous

Return to L, R and S