Rubber Hood Corners?

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Rubber Hood Corners?

Greetings,

I see an ad for the following on ebay "IH INTERNATIONAL TRUCK L R S SERIES NOS RUBBER HOOD CORNERS"...there is a photo of them but I don't recall that my R110 had any...or they were long gone by the time I got it so I don't even know where they would fit..I looked at the parts diagram but the photo copy is not clear about the shape so I don't know if the ones on ebay are the ones on the parts diagram or I tried to attached the image too.

eBay item number:

Anyone have time to look at them on ebay or if you already know then I'd appreciate some clarification.

Thanks,

neal
Attachments
IHC rubber bumpers for hood.JPG

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:30 am

Re: Rubber Hood Corners?

Neil, I don't think I have an image of them, but on the bottom rear corners of my hood (after restoration, don't remember seeing them before) on each side there is an rubber corner bumper, wraps approx. an inch each side from the corner. They look like your image if the square is mounted under the hood and the corner ridge fits into the gap of the hood's 90 degree corner at the back, immediately in front of the cab. They appear to hold the hood spaced away from the cab and fender at that point of a tilting hood. A question had come up in the past about the side gap rubbing the fender on a restoration if the hood was tilted more than so far. I went to take some images of the ways the L/R/S hood pivot hinges work. while I was doing these images I noted those corner bumpers (as well as the round bumpers on the hinges plates and along the bottom of the hood edge to hold the hood gap at a certain width). The images are in a subfolder of my gallery, but I don't think you can see that particular bumper. If not I will take a picture the next time its warm enough to go over to the storage container the truck is in for the winter and add it to the gallery album. - Bob :mrgreen:
1954 R-122 long bed - restored as stock as "reasonable"
Honda Z50 K1 - restoration "almost completed"
Honda CT70 K4 - original
(2) Honda US90 K0 (ATC K0) - one restored, one original

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:39 am

This is not the best picture, but you can see them at the corner of the hood rear. I would get a better picture but she is in storage at the moment.
Attachments
doors & sun visor 010.jpg
Terryl51
Retired
1951 L-112 International Long Bed. Stock as I could make it!! 1974 200 3/4 ton bonus load to pull it with!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 am

Neal, those bumpers are right on for the L, R, S, models. They fit right at the lower corners of the hood against the cowl/hood/fender intersection. The square side goes inside the hood and the raised ridge hugs the corner. A small screw holds them in place. Should be a small hole in the corner of your hood for the screw unless it's beat up enough to be mangled or missing. They were part of the "rubber" kit I needed to finish out my L. So glad that a couple of companies make all of the rubber for our trucks. Can you imagine what we'd have to do if they didn't?
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks everyone for the info...that does help clarify.

REgards,

Neal

Return to L, R and S