Cold Start

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am

Re: Cold Start

Buzz, lighten up. While you are theoretically correct, your ignoring the fact that in a cold engine not all fuel is vaporized. The fuel ratio has to be enriched more to compensate for a lower than normal fuel to air ratio in the combustion mixture. MM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 am

All this esoteric information is good for those folks who are into deep knowledge, But for this Idaho Hillbilly, it is just plain overwhelming. How about this: IF the vehicle is in a condition like it was "at new" then everything should work and it will start(If properly done). So for this Idaho Hillbilly, With my older rigs and varying conditions, what ever gets it started(cause I need to get somewhere) Then I can work on making it all "correct" and running "properly".
Back to the OP, Looks like someone changed out/removed your Throttle cable, If you can get it figured out how it was hooked up, then, that should help keep your from setting in the vehicle for a long period of time to get it warmed up. "correct" is a relative term, Like original, IF you can find original, or a cable set up that does the same thing that works.

My Thoughts.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 am

Ethan wrote:
rsr1957 wrote:Ethan - I was out today running my 54 R-122 (it was above freezing and I like to do that whenever I can), which should have a similar dash to yours and I took an image of the center of my dash - the throttle is under the ashtray on the right hand side just above the choke. This should give you an idea of where your original throttle would have been. - Bob :mrgreen:

reverse there positions and replace the throttle with a ciggy lighter and you have my dash my guess is the throttle was replaced by the lighter, how do you hook up a throttle?

May help
Attachments
gas pedal linkage.jpeg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 pm

kevin wrote:
Ethan wrote:
rsr1957 wrote:Ethan - I was out today running my 54 R-122 (it was above freezing and I like to do that whenever I can), which should have a similar dash to yours and I took an image of the center of my dash - the throttle is under the ashtray on the right hand side just above the choke. This should give you an idea of where your original throttle would have been. - Bob :mrgreen:

reverse there positions and replace the throttle with a ciggy lighter and you have my dash my guess is the throttle was replaced by the lighter, how do you hook up a throttle?

May help

I dont have any of that it has a cable suspended pedal, though i would love to have the original set up back if you happen to know where i can get a complete one
1952 L-112 Long Bed BD220 3 speed, 4x4.
1962 Dodge Dart 330, 392 Hemi, T56 6 speed manual.
1986 GMC K1500 Jimmy, 396 V8, 700R4, 208C, 4x4.
Previous

Return to L, R and S