S line vent window rubber

IHC in the early to mid-fifties.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 am

Re: S line vent window rubber

are these rubbers new moulded left and right ?
or they a extrusion cut and trimmed to fit?

thanks from Jake
been on the old IHC forums back 8 or so years, lost a lot of good info.
got a few IH tractors, some engines and IHC trucks, 1934 B-3, 1950 AL-160, 1952 L-120, 1964 AACO 180D, 1967 RD-200, 1967 RD-190

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Are these the same rubbers you guys got from Class-Tech? We've been doing this a long time and this is the worst looking set of vent rubbers we've ever seen. No word yet on how they fit, not sure that we'll even try using them as bad as they look. They look like they've been painted? Looks to have the fisheye effect in the surface, whether they're painted or not. They don't seem to be rubber either, looks to be urethane, like what's used to glue in windshields in newer cars. For $340.00 before shipping, they should have been perfect... :x

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

I had gotten the wing vent rubber and I think it was from class tech. I was not impressed with it, as your photo shows they are not "mint" and they were too thin. I had to run a bead of black silicon around the outside edge as they didn't fill the gap. I even added a strip of rubber between the door and the new vent rubber hoping to better fill. I was hoping someone had gotten better ones from them and would respond. I had purchased these about 4 years ago. MM

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Actually the ones that i got from ClassTec look nothing like the photos posted. i do not know if they are urethane or not, but the fit was very very good. I noticed that on the photos the holes for the pivots are not in the seal. On the ones i received from ClassTec they are in and line right up, unlike the ones that i got from OutBack, which look very very similar to the photos. I'll stick the the ones from ClassTec , it could be that he has a new supplier now. Who knows.
Previous

Return to L, R and S