1941 K3 with dual rears

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 am

1941 K3 with dual rears

I know that you could buy the K3 and K4 trucks with factory dual wheels with pickup box. It has the widened rear fenders. I am having trouble finding any pictures of these trucks. Does anyone have one or have any pictures? There is one listed on Hemmings but I am not so sure the rear fenders are correct. Any help appreciated.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Re: 1941 K3 with dual rears

I have looked at the one that Dave Donnely has listed in Hemmings and I couldn't tell in person if they were factory or not. Other than that it isn't to bad of a truck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 pm

I really want to know what the original dual rear tire fenders look like. The other truck he has on there does not have an IH box so they are likely not a good reference. If they made and sold them there should be some pictures out there.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 am

Based on years of being on this site and accumulating bits and pieces of information, I’m going out on a limb and suggest there may not be an “official, correct” set of fenders for the K/KB models with dual wheels. It has been said many times that special mods to these trucks such as adding dual wheels could have been done by aftermarket shops and not at IHC factories. Also given that the bed was made by Knox and other manufacturers, the resulting wider fenders could be different depending on what company produced the bed. I may be totally wrong, but don’t be surprised if that’s what you discover.
I think that Bedrock Jon will have the final analysis on this request.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 am

WEW51L110 wrote:Based on years of being on this site and accumulating bits and pieces of information, I’m going out on a limb and suggest there may not be an “official, correct” set of fenders for the K/KB models with dual wheels. It has been said many times that special mods to these trucks such as adding dual wheels could have been done by aftermarket shops and not at IHC factories. Also given that the bed was made by Knox and other manufacturers, the resulting wider fenders could be different depending on what company produced the bed. I may be totally wrong, but don’t be surprised if that’s what you discover.
I think that Bedrock Jon will have the final analysis on this request.

Micheal and I have discussed this in depth, he doesn't seem to believe what I tell him until he gets 2-3 other people to say the same thing, so I'll stay out of this,

other than say IHC parts book lists optional factory Dual fenders for K, KB 3 trucks equipped with factory bed and dual axle,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Return to K and KB