Recommendation for GRD233 Head Bolts

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:15 am

Re: Recommendation for GRD233 Head Bolts

Yup the load doesn’t see or care about a little leakage . I don’t have to be concerned about profit or loss as my KB is a hobby and a means to chat with fellow enthusiasts on cruise days.

Seepage Saga; removed three bolts (one at a time) above the manifolds. No signs of any antifreeze making its way up the threads. In fact no moisture on the unthreaded section of the bolts either. I cleaned the threads on each, used new sealer, re-installed and re-torqued all bolts.

On the recommendation, of some NAPA clientele, I purchased, and added to my radiator, some copper powder. After a good warm up I took the truck for a 10 mile ride running 45/50 mph. Temp hovering 170/180 . Hard to tell exactly with the original gauge but I’m running a 180 thermostat.

Closer observation shows a little seepage along most of edges. It won affect the performance but now the gasket is suspect .It’s a shame that the choices in suppliers is so limited.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm

every engine I've done seeped a little at first, run it for a while, the copper powder will seal it up.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:58 am

Good to hear. I’ll be keeping an eye on it.
Previous

Return to K and KB