Spare Tire

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Spare Tire

I was trying to mount my spare tire on my 48 IHC, KB-1. There is a mounting bracket underneath the box but I am missing the bracket that fastens to the existing bracket to the frame of the truck. I realize that many trucks have the spare tires mounted on the side of the box etc. but this goes underneath. Any ideas, I will try attach a picture once I figure out how....
Attachments
20180622_131144_resized.jpg
20180622_131153_resized.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: Spare Tire

Go to the auto wrecker and Buy a spare tire spare tire lift and stow winch.

Re tire cable winch for spare tires. Dodge Ram trucks and many Japanese trucks use the cable winch. If you buy a Ram winch make sure that you get the complete assembly which includes a tube to guide the crank.
This is easy to install. Out of ten difficulties this is a one.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 pm

I have never seen the brackets although I do have the same mounting bracket you have. Maybe some one can post a picture. The cable mounts are nice, got one on my Toyota and you do have to maintain them with grease annually or they seize up. I did a side mount as I was considering mounting a larger fuel tank in that area.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:47 pm

The mounting assembly is very close to a 1995 F250 truck. I do not want to go with a cable system since it is not as close to original. The F250 bracket has a little wave in it (which I feel is closer to original) and is $100 and the J-bolt is another $40. For me I think this is a better option although more money. I might chrome the bar even. The prices I posted are new prices right from Ford but I should be able to find one at a wrecker but am having little success.

Thank You for your replies.
Attachments
20180622_154249_resized.jpg

Return to K and KB