Another fuel pump question

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 am

Another fuel pump question

Will a low pressure 1=4 psi adjustable inline fuel regulator, slow the fuel tank flow down,into the carby, I have put a 3=4 psi electric fuel pump on my 214 kb3, has a Carter on it but it floods pretty bad, help.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:59 am

Re: Another fuel pump question

If you want my opinion, you are chasing symptoms and never getting to the root of the problem. I'd forget the electric and fix the mechanical, if it didn't pump than find out why, if the carb flooded after all that you know it has a problem.
As a mechanic I often see band-aid repairs on top of band-aid repairs to the point that the original problem was so buried that you couldn't tell what started it all. I would peel away the "fixes" and find the original problem was a simple repair than was masked by all the band-aids.
Your original problem was the fuel was not being pumped to the carb. Fix that correctly, then move on to any other problem.

The factory system of mechanical pump on the engine is a good one and will give decades of trouble free service if repaired correctly. Then and Now rebuilds pumps with new material that withstand what's in todays fuels. For less money than setting up an electric pump system you could have the stock one working.

As others have mentioned, fuel line are suspect, and unless recently replaced can be leaking, or passing rust thru to the carb. I know the bigger K's draw from the bottom of the fuel tank, and don't use a "stand pipe" not sure about the smaller K's. But that is another place to look.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:50 am

G'day combiner 89, well that's probably the best way, and I do prefer the original pump, so I'll look around see if I can find somebody to rebuild it here in west australia, thanks for all the information, this is a great forum for any info on internationals,

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am

G'day cornbinder89, well found a new pump fitted it and now runs great, no problems now just got to finish restoring the rest of the truck.

Return to K and KB