I give up.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: Price For IHC Trucks

nikkinutshop wrote:I give up.

I have to apologize. I told myself at the beginning of the year I would not start or join tit for tat arguments. Here I sit guilty as charged. I started this. I want all of my posts to be positive and constructive.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Internationals are the new "it" truck,

you can wax poetic about the truck you bought for a mere $100 a few 40 years ago, (I bought a whole running KB -1 for $20 in 1975),

or you can accept that this is the way it is now, I just paid $500 for a small box of parts off a KB-1, and felt like it was a good deal,

all perspective, I see my trucks and parts skyrocketing as a good thing,

but it is the age old adage, when you look to sell it's worth a fortune, when you are looking to buy it's over priced junk
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

AZD

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Yeah, I guess IHC is finally getting it’s turn to be cool. Good and bad at the same time. Value is relative in any hobby. I always liked old trucks because they were cheap, but now they’re not. Guess I’ll have to get into 1928-31 Fords. Prices are dropping like a rock. The classifieds are littered with restored coupes and roadsters left over after Grandpa died. Sadly it’s getting to the point that it’s cheaper to buy a restored car to hot rod than to collect the parts separately. Seen it a couple times already. One week the car is for sale, the next it’s listed as a chassis for half the price.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 pm

i have noticed that not only IHC trucks, but all makes are going up. supply and demand. as the years go by supply is getting thinner. it is true for mustangs, Camaros, four door sedans, pretty much everything. I ten years we will likely be saying the same thing relishing the good old days of 2018. I have eyeballing a certain make and model car for the past 15 years and the price has gone up four fold. I did not have the money then and I sure do not now.
Previous

Return to K and KB