Optional rims for a K6?

The old and reliable.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:59 am

Optional rims for a K6?

Still on the search for a split rim for my 1945 K6. Have not found any thus far. Someone suggested to me that some of the early 70's Loadstars had 9.00x20 tire's and 7" rims that might swap out for the original ones. Any ideas about that possibility?
Thanks

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am

Re: Optional rims for a K6?

I probably have an original rim that will work. However, I'm in Central CA (where all the unrusty stuff lives).
I refuse to spend a minute on searching down, dismounting from axle, breaking down rotten, stuck tire from rim on something that somebody "thinks they might want". This forum is famous for "mind changers".
If you were to come here, in my face, with cash in hand that might be different. Don't know.
Best of luck on your "short radius search".
I sound like a jerk and I am when it comes to hard work done for no reason. Otherwise, I'm easy to get along with. These old, heavy 20" rims are miserable to deal with. There's no real way to know if the rim is reusable without first breaking it down. I (or you) could break down six rims to get just one usable one. Do you begin to see my frustration on old 20" rims? Add buyer "distraction/lack of committment" and you have a minor nightmare beginning to unfold. It can easily take me days (working before and after my REAL job) to track down, identify, remove, break down rotten-tire rims until I find ONE good one.

Return to K and KB