1941 KS7 Photo Lib.

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 pm

1941 KS7 Photo Lib.

Well folks, lets see if this works. I have uploaded all the photos that I took the day I picked up the KS7 ( Yesterday ). My plan is to keep a photo log of the progress of getting the truck back on the road. Yesterday I watched the old owner throw a battery in it and started it up and it seem to run fine. There are many areas of focus that I will focus on such as:

1) Brakes
2) Hood Hinge.
3) Changing all fluids.
4) Belts and hoses
5) Tires
6) Wires ( a real mess )

And the list goes on!!!!!!!! Overall I am quite happy with the condition since it starts and drives. Just needs a lot of TLC.

Below is the link to the photo lib.

http://s1160.beta.photobucket.com/user/granadacouchpotato/library/1941%20International%20KS7

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: 1941 KS7 Photo Lib.

Here, I'll post up your pics for ya:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:34 am

Gotta love those old binder engines- they just don't wanna stop!

My wiring was a tangled, smoking, hair-raising mess, too. One big wad of connectors was actually fastened together with one of those plastic garbage ties like you get with lawn & leaf bags! :o

I got a universal wiring harness from Rebel Wire. 12 circuits for $150. Nice & heavy duty. I will hopefully be putting it in this summer and will post up a thread on it. Looks pretty easy, though. There are a lot of other wiring harnesses around, too.

Two of the best 'tools' I ever bought were the service manual and parts catalog. The service manual will save you tons of time and effort, parts catalog will point you in the direction of sources you never would have found otherwise just by Googling the parts number. Someimes they show up on ebay. Reprints are available from Binder Books. http://www.binderbooks.com/1941-49%20K% ... Trucks.htm

Keep coming back with questions and updates.
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 am

Your sheet metal looks to be in really great shape , and you have the battery cover !!! Not common from what I hear . And you say that the moter is a 269 ? I am wondering if the red color is stock ,?

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 am

The sheet metal is in great shape. There is some surface rust that needs to be cleaned and taken care of but nothing needs to be cut out and replaced, just some sand blasting and painting.

The motor is an "FAC 259" which is the prior motor to the 269. The 259 is a wet liner motor while the 269 is a dry liner motor, however they look the same from the outside. From what I have read the FAC259 came out in 1940 and 1941 models and from 1942 on the 259 was installed in the K7 Trucks.

Yes the battery plate is there! Given the age it's in great shape. The owner was so confident it would start he put 5 gallons in the tank and took his battery out of his modern truck and started it right up. Everything sounded great but I was a bit worried because the fuel line was leaking since it was rubbing against the fan belt. Some one years ago ran about 4 feet of fuel line from the fuel pump around the front of the motor (near fan belt ) and up the carb. Truck fired up, ran great, just spitting fuel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:22 pm

that's great. i like the air conditioning at the floor too! makes resting your feet a bit of an issue though.....

if you have any soft fuel line you might want to replace it with a newer version. the ethynol in the gas will eat the inside out of the older variety of fuel hose and you will get chucks in the carberator.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 am

kjhogue wrote:that's great. i like the air conditioning at the floor too! makes resting your feet a bit of an issue though.....

That's what we call a "Fred Flintstone floor".
Cash Disposal Units include; '49 International KBS-7, '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '39 Buick sedan, '37 Allis Chalmers WC (other rusty old junk comes & goes without warning).

The two most useful tools you should own are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Westside-20130425-00392.jpg
Well, the journey is complete! Last night I towed the K7 home the final 180 miles! Thank you tripple AAA!

Return to K and KB