1947 kb7 chassis left over

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:00 pm

1947 kb7 chassis left over

Hey guys new to the forum. Names Dave, I bought this 47 kb7 to make a cool welding rig out of it. I got it running and driving never got the brakes working but got a rebuilt master for it. Realized very quickly that the chassis isn’t going to work for me but I will be keeping the cab and putting it on my 1988 international s1700 chassis it fits to good not to do the swap and I have a dt466 with 6 speed and disc brakes in a four corners. So the motor, bld269 runs strong with a new carb, the tranny works, it drives has three new tires plus the tires that are on it. I’d like it to be sold as a whole from the radiator to the rear end but if someone needs a good motor I’ll part it out. I know some of you will say it’s a sin but unless someone wants to buy the whole thing from me for more then I paid then I’ll make it a cool reliable welding truck. I’m from Middletown CT

https://ibb.co/fMp6BS
Last edited by Bikerdave52 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: 1947 kb7 chassis left over

always best to give your general location, as that will help people to know if it is viable for them to come get.
The larger K's are fairly indestructible, I've got 3 viable engines and 2 running, driving trucks. The demand for running gear is going to be low, unfortunately. I would hate to see it scrapped.
A 466 is going to be a squeeze in a -7 engine bay, likely will require a dog house and cab mod. Too bad you didn't lay your hands on an -8 or up as their engine bay is bigger.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:always best to give your general location, as that will help people to know if it is viable for them to come get.
The larger K's are fairly indestructible, I've got 3 viable engines and 2 running, driving trucks. The demand for running gear is going to be low, unfortunately. I would hate to see it scrapped.
A 466 is going to be a squeeze in a -7 engine bay, likely will require a dog house and cab mod. Too bad you didn't lay your hands on an -8 or up as their engine bay is bigger.

It’s going to fit just right we did a ton of measurements before making the purchase. The s1700 was 2k and it just had a break job done. It will be interesting with the radiator and the custom intercooler I have to make but will be worth it all in the end. It’s to bad I would almost give the stuff away I’m not looking for top dollar.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:01 pm

location?
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:15 pm

bedrockjon wrote:location?

Middletown CT

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 pm

This is the kind of thing that I would not mind hauling to someone, IF i have either a front haul or a back haul. I just do not do it commercially. It is always so expensive to "ship" large stuff.
I hope you can get it sold.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

lbesq wrote:This is the kind of thing that I would not mind hauling to someone, IF i have either a front haul or a back haul. I just do not do it commercially. It is always so expensive to "ship" large stuff.
I hope you can get it sold.

Yeah honestly have no problem crating parts and dropping them off I don’t want to scrap any of it. I’m talking like $250-$300 for the running motor plus freight would make me happy

Return to K and KB