1948 KB5 Grain Truck

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 pm

1948 KB5 Grain Truck

I posted earlier about the KB-5 Grain truck. I managed to get it on 6 good tires before the weather turned cold. Looking at the engine 5 spark plugs will screw out & one is rusted off beyond hex. I had been soaking them with Pent. Oil and before trying to turn them noticed water had puddled around the front 2 spark plugs. A week ago we had a warming spell and I blew the water off and covered the motor with an old tarp thinking it would be dry. This week end it is zero here and again one of the spark plug has Ice formed around it. Could it be possible that water is in the engine and expanding out when it gets cold?
When blowing air on the #1 broken spark plug water was gurgling back up the carburetor so years with the hood half up may have not been good for the engine. The Spark plug ports are a natural funnel. The hood is shut now but rain & snow could still leak through the center crack. Can't do much with the truck now as it is outside in zero weather but could not turn it with a crank or push so am not to optimistic about the engine running again.

Also on the KBS-5 truck does the windshield open and tip out? I am hoping it has some of them old fashion features. cleddy

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: 1948 KB5 Grain Truck

My suggestion is to start now to look for another motor.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: 1948 KB5 Grain Truck

There is a complete KB 5 chassis with everything rebuilt listing in diamonds section

Be cheaper to buy it than rebuld/replace everything on yours

Yes windshield is supposed to open, some get siliconed shut due to seal being bad
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Return to K and KB