NOT Cracked Engine!

The old and reliable.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Re: Cracked Engine Block!

Back along time ago, I learned how to "weld" cast. An old German fellow taught me the method of heating the the cast block up in a forge, once it reached temperature, he then showed me the proper way to repair. That was over 50 years ago. There is a fellow about 40 miles from me that still does the old way of cast repair. At least I think he is still alive. I still think the best way, in today's world, find another motor to replace with.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 am

Re: Cracked Engine Block!

I was was thinking this topic might come up , I got the anti-freeze in on the 2nd day of the low temp weather , trucks ok but still have to confirm the tractor . Several years running now a friend has reminded me , started the tractor and had added 50/50 to what I think had some in it but we will see .
I think that a motor swap is in order , Guy in wisconsin , Jim Shawback has short blocks , re-built ,real fair . Take your time , that trucks been around since the 40's no need to rush to a decission .Search Binderman in this section , I have posted his info here before , don't have his number handy right now but will get it for you if you cant find it .

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 am

Re: NOT Cracked Engine!

Hi I have a few green diamond engine blocks for sale. They are in need of rebuild but it is a green diamond block. I live in western mass if you are interested. Feel free to call or text if your interested. 4132502267 thanks jeff
Previous

Return to K and KB