Whats the trick ?? Dr handle

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Whats the trick ?? Dr handle

Well I decide to lube the Pass. dr, Took off the handle to shoot some lube in and now can't get the handle in, Whats the correct or secret Way ???

Thanks, Lefty1948

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Whats the trick ?? Dr handle

It's been a while since I did this, but IIRC, the handle needs to be angled down slightly as you wiggle it in.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Well, you are Supposed to hold inner handle down to halfway open the entire time outer handle is out, but that cat has left the pier,

There is multiple openings handle has to pass thru that do not line up in relaxed state,

So now you have to install this way,

Inner door handle needs to be held part way down, then you use a small screw driver to line up the inner squared holes, then kind of jiggle outer handle as you push it past the inner squared holes. Can slip right in or can take a bunch of tries,

Forcing it will not work, and can damage the assembly
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Well i fix it ! Took the broken glass out of the Pass Door, And the glass hardware. Then I removed all the door handle stuff. I could not get the handle back in the door, I tried and tried and tried. I took it all apart to see what made it tick, Also cleaned it. I figure it out put it back together and didn't lose or break anything. Put back on the truck and it works great. I'm a happy camper !!

Lefty1948

Return to K and KB