Bob's Classic Auto Glass

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Bob's Classic Auto Glass

So has anybody else had any issues with them? I have an issue that I just cant seem to get resolved no matter how much I call them.

I ordered a full clear glass kit and it shipped without any issues back in March. I installed it back in Sept. One of the side windows got broken in a local parking lot and that's where the saga begins.

I ordered and paid for a replacement window. It arrived middle of October only to find out they shipped a tinted window. I called them immediately and notified them it was wrong and could they please send the correct window, I also offered that if they sent me a UPS label I would box up and return the wrong window. I waited several weeks and no window. I called again and made the same requests. I waited several weeks, expecting the window to show up while on Thanksgiving vacation. No window. I again called 2 1/2 weeks ago making the same request. Still no window to date.

The last time I called I got the same "young" man I have talked to each time and while we were going through it yet again there was an older man (Bob?) in the background just tearing this kid a new one. I could hear most of it and because of that I expected to get my replacement window. I seem to been wrong. :t3724: :t3724: :biggrowl: :biggrowl:

I am planning on calling them here in a few minutes again so hopefully I have something good to report.
This is beyond frustrating.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Bob's Classic Auto Glass

Request to talk to the Owner, if the Young man answers again. Perhaps they can not get it? If that were the case, then they should inform you. Good Luck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Unfortunate problem for sure. Glass is one of the few items i purchased in Canada. Local glass shop(Floyds Glass) cut my glass from pattern of my old glass,,tinted $225CDN for the 5 pieces. It was cheaper than online prices...Local shop Westrans built my driveshaft. Hope you get situation sorted out soon.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 am

paulietools wrote:So has anybody else had any issues with them? I have an issue that I just cant seem to get resolved no matter how much I call them.

I ordered a full clear glass kit and it shipped without any issues back in March. I installed it back in Sept. One of the side windows got broken in a local parking lot and that's where the saga begins.

I ordered and paid for a replacement window. It arrived middle of October only to find out they shipped a tinted window. I called them immediately and notified them it was wrong and could they please send the correct window, I also offered that if they sent me a UPS label I would box up and return the wrong window. I waited several weeks and no window. I called again and made the same requests. I waited several weeks, expecting the window to show up while on Thanksgiving vacation. No window. I again called 2 1/2 weeks ago making the same request. Still no window to date.

The last time I called I got the same "young" man I have talked to each time and while we were going through it yet again there was an older man (Bob?) in the background just tearing this kid a new one. I could hear most of it and because of that I expected to get my replacement window. I seem to been wrong. :t3724: :t3724: :biggrowl: :biggrowl:

I am planning on calling them here in a few minutes again so hopefully I have something good to report.
This is beyond frustrating.

I'm curious about how the window got broken in a classic pickup in a local parking lot??
A couple of suggestions if you don't get the result you want from the glass company....contest the credit card charge for the replacement tinted window that was sent wrong.
Then take it to a local glass company for a pattern to have a clear one cut. Bob's glass uses safety glass/laminated glass and not tempered in any of their glass. Getting one cut would probably only be around $50 locally with no shipping charges.
Sell the tinted wrong one..someone here could probably use it as a backup to store or replacement.
I had the same good results from them on my full order. Glass is in and all is well
Let us know how this turns out. Too bad they were first helpful and sent a replacement and now appear less helpful.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:01 am

I wish I knew how it got broken.
So I called yesterday and got the same young man. Again explained and he said he would check on it and get back to me. He did call back about 4 hours later to tell me he didnt know anything but wouls call me back today.
Yes cancelling card is a good idea. If i dont hear that the glass is on the way the thats next step.
I was hoping to avoid having to find a glass place as we are very rural here and it probably means a bit of a ride.
I didnt think anyone would want to buy one window but certainly an option when this is all over.
More to come.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm

so quick update.
I spoke to Bob on the phone this afternoon. He was gracious and helpful. He apologized for the errors and told me that the replacement glass would be shipping on Monday and I should have it in about a week.
I am hoping that he is truly the man of his word that he sounded like and I get my window. He also told me to keep the old window.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Good! it was obvious it was their mistake, but awful dumb of them to get tons of negative feedback all for a piece of glass that probably cost him less than $20.00
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm

The brand new pass glass in my D-2 got broken when my wife tried to close the door at the same time I was trying to close it for her. I had just installed it. Stuff happens!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Monsonmotors wrote:The brand new pass glass in my D-2 got broken when my wife tried to close the door at the same time I was trying to close it for her. I had just installed it. Stuff happens!

I had a girlfriend in 1976, we were tooling around in my 49 KB-1 pickup, she got in her side, grabbed the window which was 1/2 way down to close the door, she pulled on the glass to slam the door shut, window broke, I broke up with her that night,

Priorities,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 pm

BRJ, Forty year marriage. No break-up, here. :)
However, I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. Ruined my day.
I LOVE busting my a$$ so I can continue to replace the same window over and over...
And yes, I think my wife had a hold of the glass...
Next

Return to K and KB