WTB handle for windshield regulator

The old and reliable.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Re: WTB handle for windshield regulator

Yeah, I clearly got took on the price but, after looking for a good one for some time I relented.
Some people realize they have you over the proverbial barrel and have no qualms about sticking it to you. ( EBay for instance )
I guess I'm lucky I still have the original 6 1/2" hub caps for the front wheels. Since it has dualies on the rear you only need hub caps for the front wheels.
I find that people like us who really love what we're trying to restore give each other great prices because it's for a common goal. Others sell us over priced parts.

Peter (gotta go, it started snowing YESTERDAY!)

P.S. Thanks to Bedrockjon's experience and advice I'll take my own sweet time getting the windshield to move and avoid breaking the new spendy handle.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:57 pm

don't feel bad, like you said you got some good deals and some not so good,

I've had to pay out the wazoo to buy a part I Used to own but sold to someone too cheap to help them out only to find out a year or so later I needed it,

If I ever find my box of handles I can set you up with the missing set screw if it is some weird pitch thread type and you can't find one.

actually there are hubcaps for the rear axles, there are about 4 or so to choose from depending on axle/hubs,

measure em, I bought a bunch of big truck caps trying to find ones that fit my KB-6, none did till I finally found a set of front and rear,

Case of barrel laying, the guy charged me $400 for em, but after looking unsuccessfully for 20+ years, I was gladish to pay him.

haven't seen that same size since, so,,,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Bedrockjon, thanks for the offer of the set screw, I should know in a couple of days when the handle gets here.

As for the rear hub caps, I had no idea they existed and I'm not surprised. I'm assuming the caps slip over the end of the axle. And, yes I know what making assumptions can do,
I've made one out of myself more than once...
My axles measure to 6 1/4 inches across. this is with the end plate # 219891R1 iH 1041A79 (left side) the right side plate 219891R1 EE0 and no iH stamp.

This is getting more and more interesting the farther I go.

Thanks, Peter
Attachments
IMG_3281-min.JPG
Previous

Return to K and KB