KB8 Truck Hood Emblem

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: KB8 Truck Hood Emblem

IHVineyard wrote:Bedrockjon, what I ment to say was I have have a KS7 truck that is in need of a hood emblem. If you look at the photo link you will see a photo of a 1940 or 1941 K7, not sure but you can see the holes in the hood. It's not like a KB6 because the hood emblem is not part of the grill. I was just wondering if you can post a photo of what you have and if you think it will fit my hood?? If so, I might be interested in what you have.

oh, from post title and wording I thought you had a KB-8 & bought a KB-6 & 7 ornament since it is too small,

since you have a K-7, what you bought is a KB-1-5 ornament, fits all those sizes, then size jumps up to KB-6 & 7, then again to KB-8 on up,

BUT since you have a K-7 not a KB, you don't want that even if it fit.

you want a emblem that looks like the 3 diamond part of the jeweled section, not including the red, you can see molded outline of how big it should be on front of the white truck,

I have a couple K-1 thru 5 ornaments, but I don't have one of those critters that I know of,

got lots of boxes of stuff I haven't looked at in years,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm

That be the critter there, but is it for a K-1 thru 5, or a K-6 & 7, need to measure between studs to be sure,

last one I bought was in a box lot of ornaments for $30,

he is rather proud of that one for sure, :shock:

don't pay $300 for something you'll find later for under $50

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 pm

The entire piece I ordered that is wrong measures 23 3/4" wing to wing. The one I need will have to measure 26 1/2" wing to wing. The only thing I see wrong with the one I ordered is one of the letters is missing in "International".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:47 pm

so you want a KB-6 & 7 hood ornament, not a K, like the style of one Lloyd posted?

I may have a KB-6 & 7 hood ornament in my garage, I'll check this weekend,

you can put a KB on your K, just gotta drill some holes for the KB mounting screws.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:02 am

I need one that will fit a KB8 - as long as I find one that fits and looks good would work.

If I can't find one I will just have my original one re-chromed.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm so confused,,,,,,

oh, I get it now original poster is looking for a KB-8 ornament but bought a KB-6 ornament, and other poster is looking for a K-7 ornament,

I thought I was replying to only one person, duh,

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 am

Finding a good KB8 or larger emblem in good condition is not going to be very easy. The 6/7 are common enough that you might, but the 8 and up are a lot more rare. Depending upon the cost to replate that may be your best bet.

The auction listing (ebay# 330879117592 ) is for a KB8 or larger for sure. The 6/7 have 30 bars and the 8 and up have 24, that is the easiest way to tell. The 8 and up nose is larger than the 6/7 so parts are not interchangeable at all, except for the rectangular marker lights.

Here is a picture of the grill from the auction as links die eventually.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... 991850.jpg

Tad

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:25 pm

let me say i am guilty of being confused as well on the ebay truck as i posted that it was a 6/7 on this post even though it is know clear to me that it most defently is an 8 are larger.

reason i was confused is because the pitcures are missleading meaning buy looking to the pictures the grill bars apear to be the smaller 6/7 type.

how ever if you look closer/in more detail you will see that the grill has only 24 bars as jungerfrosch has so kindly let every one know as well has he has let every one know how to tell the differance between a 6/7 and an 8 are larger so we all should thank him.

yet the 1 thing that still needs to be detrimined is if there is a differance between the griil/hood emblem for a k 6/7 verses a k 8 are larger as i do not know nor am i sure if any one does at this point.

yet we do know for a fact that the grill/hood emblem for a kb 6/7 is smaller than the one for a kb 8 are larger as well as that we know that they used at least 2 differant grills on the kb 8 and larger as well as the 2 grills use differant emblems.
robertkb48

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

I am searching for all of the trim for the hood and also need 3 stainless strips for the grill - if anyone has one for a reasonable price that is either new or in great shape, please let me know. Thanks!
Previous

Return to K and KB