KB8 Truck Hood Emblem

The old and reliable.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 am

KB8 Truck Hood Emblem

I ordered a front hood emblem off of ebay and once I received it the size appears to be about an inch smaller than my original emblem. Does anyone know what this piece might have originally fit? If I stretch it to make it fit , do you think it might break eventually?
Ebay listing said it should fit a 6,7,8 or 9.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 am

Re: KB8 Truck Hood Emblem

A 6 or 7 is smaller than a 8 or 9 won't fit . Sell it buy the right one
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 am

Take a look at this photo and let me know if you think what you have will fit this KS7?

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q49 ... to/001.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Bedrockjon, what I ment to say was I have have a KS7 truck that is in need of a hood emblem. If you look at the photo link you will see a photo of a 1940 or 1941 K7, not sure but you can see the holes in the hood. It's not like a KB6 because the hood emblem is not part of the grill. I was just wondering if you can post a photo of what you have and if you think it will fit my hood?? If so, I might be interested in what you have.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 pm

ihvineyard the k and kb trucks use totaly differant hood emblems.

to confuse it even further depending on the size model the hood emblem will be differant as well.

so to help you out a bit here is what i can tell you,.

k 1 thru 5 use the same hood emblem.

how ever there are 3 differant vershions of the k 1 thru 5 hood emblem.

the early/first production/run k 1 thru 5 hood emblem was brass than chrome plated and enmaled.

than the latter 2 run/series of the k 1 thru 5 used a hood emblem made of mild steel that was in turn chrome plated and painted.

further more the 3rd style k 1 thru 5 hood emblem they offered is made out of 100% stainless steel and i honestly belive there very very rare as well as there differant than the other 2 hood emblems used on the k 1 thru 5 and this i know as i have personaly owned 1 stainless steel hood emblem that came from a 1942 k4 as well as there is a post on here with some photos of k 1 thru 5 hood emblems and the post has at leat 1 photo of my stainless k hood emblem that came of a 1942 k4.

contuining into the kb series.

first the kb 1 thru 5 uses 1 style emblem.

than the kb 6/7 use a larger emblem but it looks like the smaller kb 1 thru 5.

next the kb8 and larger use yet a differant emblem and depending on what grill came on the kb 8 are larger the hood emblem will differ as there was more than one grill option for the kb8 and larger.

all this said i have only ever seen pitcures of 1 larger k series hood emblem as well as i do not know if the hood emblem for a k 6/7 and the larger k8 and bigger are the same are differant.

yet i can tell you will 100% certaintly that the kb 6/7 hood emblem talked about in this post is wrong for you k7 and will not fit your k7 nor will it fit a kb 8 are larger as like i said the kb 6/7 and kb 8 and larger use differant hood emblems.

lastly i hope this helps and you understand my response as well as i hope my post helps every one.
robertkb48

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks for the info Robert, sure does help. I also notice that the KB style Emblem is part of the grill trim that goes on top of the grill if that makes sense. However on my hood, which is a very early K7, the emblem as actually above the grill fins a few inches. If you look close you can see the emblem holes in the hood and the relative position of the emblem as compared to the later KB 6/7 grill/hood emblem.

Never the less, if any one has an emblem for an early k7, I am interested!!!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:34 am

first i am glad i could help and you understodd what i was saying.

next you are 100% correct in you understanding of the kb 6/7 and larger hood/grill emblem as the grill is in all reality part of the hood.

this said this is a bar cab and front clip/hood fenders/grill on ebay right know item number 330879117592 white in color and it is listed as being a kb 11.

how ever i can tell you with 100% certainty that the grill hood and front fenders are in no way shape ar forum kb 11.

further more the last time the guy listed it he had it listed as a kb12 and it caught my eye due to the fact on the past vershion of oldihc there was a member that posted he was looking for a kb12 as the kb 12 use a cab that is unic to the kb 12/13.

this said i contacted the member i though was looking for the kb 12 and it was not the right member so i paided no further attentchion as i had no idea how was looking and no way to find out due to the fact the old sight got hacked and all info lost.

yet i follow ebay quite regularly on k/kb international parts as i have bin able to get some good buys on smaller k/kb 1 thru 5 parts as well as i was building a kb1 and some of the parts went on my kb1 build and others were sold to help others as well as make a few bucks.

so when i saw the cab was back up today i though about you as i knew you were looking for parts and this truck has the k grill emblem you need as well as a grill and grill bars.

further more i knew the last time it was up that it was k grill and not a kb grill.

how ever i did not look close at the grill because i really had no reason to as i was only thinking of the cab because it was listed as a kb 12 and like i said i knew there was a member looking.

but today i looked closer to make sure the grill emblem was there because it is hard to tell if the grill emblem is there due to the fact it has bin painted white.

so looking further/closer at the grill to make sure it was there i relized/discovered that the grill was k6/7 and not a k 8 are larger.

the way to tell it is a 6/7 is buy the size of the grill bars as the 6/7 use a much small center strip and grill bars.

this said not all k 6/7 had stainless grill bars as in the k 6/7 series the standard grill bars were painted and the stainless were an option.

how ever i am not postive but i belive on the k 8 and larger the only grill bar option was stainless.

yes i know it may seem weired/strange that you could get stainless grill bars on a k series as the smaller k 1 thru 5 series did not have any stainless grill bars nor was it eeven an option.

reason being is the war hit in early 42 and all metal stainless etc went towards war war effort.

yet in 41/42 ihc had a chrome grill option for the smaller k 1 thru 5 as well as if you could prove you were doing something for the war effort like a farmer growing beats for food for the war effort you could buy a new larger k6 and bigger international truck.

but the only truck you could get was international as all the ford chevy dodge and most of the ihc vechicle all were built for the war effort and as far as i know it was only the k6 and larger internationl model trucks that could be purchased and not any of the smaller k/kb 1 thru 5 models.

next i have personal seen photos of both k 6s and k 7s with painted and stainless bars so my thinking is that prior to the war in 41 and early 42 is when you could still get the stainless grill bars and the latter 43/44/45/46 k6/7 would have only bin equiped/offered with painted due to the war.

this is just my thoughts and i have no way to prove that it was this way but i can tell you for a fact that the k6/7 most defently had the option of painted and stainless grill bars.

all this said i know you looking for just 2 lower grill bars but i highly dought you going to find any one that is going to cut up a good grill for to bars.

yet you may find some one that has disessembled a k6/7 grill and that is willing to sell you just the center section of the grill were the grill bars attach as the k 6/7 grill comes apart and you can change just the center part were the grill bars attach.

lastly if i were you i would contact the ebay seller selling the white k 6/7 as well as my friend bruce at swereven@polarcomm.com who also goes buy the name car crop on ebay as he has a red kb 6/7 on ebay right know that he is parting and selling parts of off as well as this kb 6/7 is the truck thathas/had the 5 speed over drive trans you were looking for in the past.

this said sorry for the long post but i am trying to help you as much as i can as well as this is the only way i know how to exsplain and help you as much as i possiably can.
robertkb48

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

$T2eC16Z,!)kE9s4,BDg,BQ5cB(3rWw~~60_1.JPG

This is a picture of the piece I ordered off of ebay.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:59 pm

$(KGrHqV,!rcFCcFk9Qq3BQ5cBd!-Zg~~60_1.JPG

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

If you can give the Measurements from edge to edge on the wings, then if someone has one that fits perhaps you can work out a deal, and I think that someone stated they may be interested in yours.
Next

Return to K and KB