Seat Foam

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Seat Foam

Look into Armaflex insulation for replacing the seat foam. It is a dense closed cell insulation material. It comes in preformed round sections for pipe insulation but also comes in sheets for glueing to the sides of duct work. If you used the sheet material and glued a few layers together you would have a nice cushion for a seat. I think most of the big box home centers carry the round sections for insulating hot water piping. You could look at that to get an idea of what the material looks like. I am guessing you would have to order the sheet material.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Dear BrianZ,

I live in western Ohio and although it is worn off a lot where the driver sits, you are welcome to what is left if it would help you put your seat together. I wonder if you could cut off the worn side of your seat and cut a piece to fit from mine to make one seat from two? If interested, let me know as I was thinking to pitch it in the dumpster.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Seat Foam update

I found foam pieces at a car show, drilled holes in them and laminated them together with Gorilla glue. Then shaped it with a multi-tool. It is harder than the old foam rubber, but I think it will work. $50 in foam and $20 in glue!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 am

I am trying to upload a picture of the seat but keep getting a message that "this site cannot be reached" when I attach the picture. Any suggestions?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 pm

If it still will not upload, you can send to me via e-mail and I will upload it. Just make sure you remind me which post it is for.
Previous

Return to K and KB