Intro and KB2

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: Intro and KB2

Bedrockjon, I read on here the other day about the larger fender cutouts. I didn't realize that when I bought the KB5, but I don't think it would have changed my mind. Pretty much everything I need for the KB2 is there, and it would be a much easier job to swap out the cab and front clip than repair the holes on the KB2 cab. The KB2's not bad, but it still would need a few patches welded in to pass safety. Ideally the KB5 body gets me driving, and I work on the KB2 body in the interim, then eventually end up with both. My current situation doesn't give much time, so this could be a few years in the future.

Cornbinder89 - I was considering towing the frame / box as a future option. Would need to replace tires first. Didn't think of pulling the axle shafts - great idea!

Great site here, with so much crucial information to keep these old trucks rolling! I've enjoyed the reading - really need to put more time in the working!

Here's an engine pic of the GRD233 - it has a block heater in the middle of the head. Don't have that on my other engines.
Attachments
GRD233.jpg
GRD233

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Re: Intro and KB2

Full floating rears (mostly found on bigger trucks) you can pull the axle, small trucks -1,-2 you can not pull the axle, but would be fine just pulling the driveshaft.
Previous

Return to K and KB