KB-6 Question

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: KB-6 Question

I have no plans to use my KB-6 for hauling stuff. It's a play truck pure and simple. I guess my theory is that it out in its 64 years of hard work and should enjoy retirement. I plan on using it for car shows, Sunday drives and who knows what else. If I need to haul stuff, I've got a regular modern pickup for that. I live in town and have little use for a large truck other than for fun...

From that perspective, I'm planning on going collector plates. Yeah, it does limit the use of the vehicle (no hauling), but if that's not in the plans anyway, no big deal. So, if I can save a few bucks getting to the collector plates (farm plates for a year while it's being worked on), I figure that makes the most sense.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: KB-6 Question

It depends on what the state your in wants, many states are 8000lbs have to scale, the lowest I've seen is 6000lbs which includes most pick-up's in the 3/4 ton range. So, to be safe, check your states laws. States have a recprical arrangement so if your are OK in your home state another state has to honor it. (Like RV plates on a truck pulling an RV trailer... OK in some states but not in all, but if ok in your home state, other must honor it).
I have my '42 on a 5 ton plate (good for 10000lbs) but the truck weighs close to 8K empty. so I am limited to 1 ton, but never haul that much anymore. I did have 5 ton in her once (when I was plated in Illinois).
Previous

Return to K and KB