Anyone know this truck's owner?

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Anyone know this truck's owner?

I would really like to know the exact color of white and the paint system used on this..edit>1940 Chevrolet ..that is listed as a (1940 International) all over the internet.... owned by Marvin Walker of Kinston, NC. I found it several times on the internet but cannot find out any info on the owner except his name and city. Anyone know the truck or him?
Appreciate any help. This is a beautiful truck!..edit>Too bad it's not an IH.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Anyone know this truck's owner?

Since only a few have looked at my post above, maybe no one has noticed that this is actually a 1940 Chevrolet. It is listed as an International on several sites on the internet. It fooled me since I am not aware of all the different models of the IH yet. I edited the text above.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Looks like I am answering all my own questions on this one. I found the truck again in a club site and the white in the above pic is not even close to another pic of the truck at that site. It is creme for sure. I still like the white as it appears above and will try to find a match to that. Here is the site with more pics if anyone is interested in this Chevy.
http://www.carolinaclassiccruisersnc.com/Walker2.html

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 pm

so, why not print the picture or have it printed, and take it to a paint shop to analyze the color. If you believe the picture is true to the color, they can scan it and give you a formula. It may not be "exact" to the real life thing, but it should be close. Have them mix you a pint, and then test paint with it to make sure you are happy.

Just a thought.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 am

Good ideas, thanks.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 am

Hi Bob
I contacted the owner of this truck' The color is a Nissan color It is called Championship white. I have his phone numer if you would like to talk to him

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 am

Awesome! Thank you for finding the color. No need to talk to him since all I wanted was the color name. I ordered a sample or touch up kit to see how it looks in person. After doing a search, it sure is a popular color of white.

Return to K and KB