k/kb box sstyles

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Mystery box tag

Well Robertkb48, here is your answer. It is not the best picture, but the windchill is -25F out there.
The tag states:

Model 7 1/2 10016
Manufactured by
International Harvester Company
Chicago IL.
Attachments
DSCN0362.JPG
"If this was easy, everyone would be doing it"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: k/kb box sstyles

robertkb48 wrote:i remember seing the box you had bedrock john as i belive you were trying to sell it on ebay if i am not mistaken a couple years back.

yea, it was funny, I listed it for $500.00 a guy bought it, only wanted tailgate, so I sent it to him,

then I listed it again $300.00 a guy bought it, only wanted fenders, so I sent those,

then I gave the trailer & box to my buddy. this all happened over a few months.

my wife called it the never ending pickup box.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm

bedrockjon wrote:
robertkb48 wrote:i remember seing the box you had bedrock john as i belive you were trying to sell it on ebay if i am not mistaken a couple years back.

yea, it was funny, I listed it for $500.00 a guy bought it, only wanted tailgate, so I sent it to him,

then I listed it again $300.00 a guy bought it, only wanted fenders, so I sent those,

So I'm taking it that you actually made money? Wonder what that would be like, I rarely make money on the things I sell, especially when you take into account the money I have spent to Keep it all. ViVA La Internationals!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 pm

I did not realize that there were some numbers that I had not recorded. I will go back out tomorrow and get the rest.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

lbesq wrote:
bedrockjon wrote:

So I'm taking it that you actually made money? Wonder what that would be like, I rarely make money on the things I sell, especially when you take into account the money I have spent to Keep it all. ViVA La Internationals!

I wouldn't say I MADE money,,,,more like I temporarily had more money to spend on the next truck.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

hi oldbike99 thank for posting the pic of the data/capicty tag on your box as this once and for all proves that there is a 3rd not commony know are well know style bed that was factory made buy ihc for at least the latter kb models pickups.

next scott maybe corret that there are some letter possible hf that you missed.

reason i say this is because all the beds i have seen have hf as the first to didgets on the bed data/capicty tag.

how ever i can not say with 100% certainty that you did miss any as i do not recall what was on the data/capicity tag of the orange bed other than that it said 7 1/2 and like the one on your bed the 1 on the orange bed is cover with paint.

contuining it would be nice to find some one that has a copy of the book/manual scott is refereing to so we can check it to see if the orange bed and black bed data/capicty tag info can shed some light as to what ihc called said model bed.

next scott i will get the info off the orange bed capicity/data tag as soon as i can as i agree it would be great to add this info to the data base as since all the corp records/line setting tickets are lost are no longer in exsistance for most but not all trucks built prior to the mid to late 50s we have to try are best to dertimine what is and is not factory/correct for siad years and model trucks.

all this said my point i was trying to prove/show that ihc used a 3rd uncommon and not well know bed on at least the latter kb pickups has bin proven and that all i was trying to due from the start.

yet it would be nice if possable to put a model/name/style to tthis 3rd uncoommon mostly unknow model bed ihc made.

lastly i at first though said bed maybe a combanshtion of both the light duty knox and more commonly know ihc bed.

yet i do not think this is the case as none of the knox boxes have curved stake pockets.

so like every one else i am at a loss as to why ihc made this bed .

how ever it does not susprize me that ihc made such a bed as ihc was know for doing one off things as well as doing things tota;lly differant than any one else as well as doing what ever the customer wanted so they could make the sell.
robertkb48

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Hey robertkb48, here's another one.

Hey robertkb48, there is one of those odd boxes with the curved supports. Sure would like to know if it came from that truck and if it still has a tag.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/3470611807.html

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 pm

I know. I doubt there is any connection between the box and the truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Re: Hey robertkb48, here's another one.

Oldbike99 wrote:Hey robertkb48, there is one of those odd boxes with the curved supports. Sure would like to know if it came from that truck and if it still has a tag.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/3470611807.html

that truck is a KB, it has holes for stainless on grill and KB nose badge, so that box could very well belong to it, or at least it has visiting rights

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 pm

It is like when you buy a different car, you notice other examples of it. I like the diversity. I will never look at another one without noting to myself what kind of box is on it. Like when I see a cab it without front sheet metal, I look to see how far down the running boards are mounted.
PreviousNext

Return to K and KB