The truck that started it all

The old and reliable.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 am

The truck that started it all

A lot of you already know who I am. But for those of you that don't know me, here is a bit of history.
Sometime in 1998 a few truck guys that were on the Binderbulletin expressed interest in seeing a website that was geared more towards the IH trucks and not just for Scouts. I started oldihc on a free server, and grew it to where it is today.

After taking a little while off for sanity (and health) reasons, I am back, and it is time to start posting what is going on in my life and on my KB-5.
You will also be able to follow the story of the KB-5 on my blog: http://jimhadfield.wordpress.com/category/1948-kb-5/

When I get home from my Neurosurgeon appointment this afternoon (what I hope is my last), I will get more posted.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:09 am

Re: The truck that started it all

thank you Jim. we appreciate all you do for us with the site. have some great holidays and glad the Mayan calender did not end!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Jim, thanks for jumping back on-board. This site has been very informative and useful as any restorer of vintage IHC trucks will tell you.

JC 8-)
JC

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:41 am

Jim,

I'll check out your link about your truck as soon as I finish typing this.

I sure appreciate this site and for all of your dedication. Thank you very much sir!!!

All the best,

Pete389

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:17 am

Jim,
Glad you are back on board. Good to hear your health issues are on the up swing. I have enjoyed the site since about the 2002 when I found it. I had just brought home my father-in-laws 1951 L-112 farm pickup truck. I really don't think I would have completed it without the help of all the folks on this forum. I completed it in 2010, entered it in the IH Nationals in Springfield, OH and got 1st place in Street Stock Class. So thanks to all who helped. I am sure you don't remember but we meet at the Nats in 2003 the year Adam from UK was there. I miss a lot of the original guys that were on the forum. Do you ever hear from any of them? Posting Pic of BBQ in parking lot.
IMG_0365.JPG
Jim @ BBQ

Thanks Terry
Terryl51
Retired
1951 L-112 International Long Bed. Stock as I could make it!! 1974 200 3/4 ton bonus load to pull it with!!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 am

Terry,
Your bringing up the year that Adam was with us there brings back a lot of great memories for me.
Some of the "old" guys are still hanging around. I talk to a few from time to time.

I'll have to make some phone calls to them and start twisting some arms.
You sure are bringing back a LOT of memories now that I am typing this...

The pic you posted was in the back parking lot. I think Carl was working on dinner.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Yes Carl was cooking burgers. And as I recall the Tenneesse Tea was flowing from the back of a Scout!! I think Adam enjoyed a few that evening!!
IMG_0384.JPG
Adam enjoying American favorite

Terry
Terryl51
Retired
1951 L-112 International Long Bed. Stock as I could make it!! 1974 200 3/4 ton bonus load to pull it with!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm

I really like the color of your truck .Is it the lighting , or is it a little darker than the anarondac green tht was original ? I am trying to pick colors and I think I'm getting close .

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 am

G'day again, well I have only been on this forum for a short time, and I'm reading a lot of old posts, but it's all good things, well if just looked at one about Jim's kb5, and I must say what a ripper it's a beauty, hope mine turns out as good, mine is the same colour, wish I could post photos, but I only have a tablet, that truck is a nice one Jim be proud of it, Bill .

Return to K and KB