GD 214

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:09 pm

GD 214

Has developed an oil leak on the right side of the block low and above the crankcase. Pretty steady drip with engine running.
It is leaking out the bottom of what I think may be the oil pump.
I have not looked at my truck/ engine literature to determine what this actually is.
It is just behind the fuel pump.
I have tried to tighten the 2 screws and small bolts that are located on the bottom.
Guessing perhaps a gasket has gone bad.
Wondering what happen if those screws and bolts are taken out sure do not want spring, ball bearing or anything to go flying.
If I knew how to post pictures, I would do that to help.

Thanks for information.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:56 pm

Re: GD 214

This forum has an outdated requirement for adapting your pictures to the forum. I have been on this forum for many years, I think it is a shame to see it slowly die from neglect. Our moderator has been without a computer for several years. The owner of the forum appears to vanished. Some members contribute money to support this forum. Where does this money go and to who??
It is a shame to watch this valuable IHC forum slip away. This forum has crashed/failed several times over two decades. Did the owner fall asleep on the toilet and fall back on the flush lever?
If you want to see a well run forum, check Garage Journal. The owner of Garage Journal has several other winner forums. An IHC forum is not one of them.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:07 pm

you need to remove the distributor to remove and reinstall the oil pump, unless the housing is cracked you just need a new gasket which you can hand cut from gasket material.
the oil pump runs of a gear that meshes with a gear on the cam, and pump can go in any way but needs to be "clocked" to the block for your distributor to be in time when reinstalled,
if you put the pump in random, then # 1 piston spark plug wire can be anywhere on the cap, and you'll need to re-time the truck to TDC and make the new location the new #1 position,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:46 pm

Thanks. Bedrock for the information.
It looks like there is no gasket between the block and the pump.
Have not tore into it yet but will shortly.

Return to K and KB