K and KB parking light lens

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 am

K and KB parking light lens

Just found and purchased 2 glass parking light lenses for my 46' K2. Unfortunately, I dropped 1 and shattered it!!!!

Anyone know of PLASTIC reproductions that I can buy? I don't want to go through that again!!
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: K and KB parking light lens

I don't know of any plastic repop,

but these are not that hard to find,

I have a bunch in my garage,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Wow! A bunch? Well, I'm only looking for 1, but maybe I should buy 2 just in case I do it again. If you'd like to PM me, maybe I can afford another?? Thanks
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Check with Robert KB48 he had some cut to fit the lights,check your state or provincial regulations as it is a heated subject here, i have spares and others have also and the are on ebay often. Pete

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm

i bought a couple off ebay a year or so back. they come up from time to time.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 pm

I've seen several of the KB 1-5 parking lights on Fee-Bay. Most of them have ended in a fight ($$$). The lights for KB 6 and up are different and luckily (for me) they have sold cheaper.
Cash Disposal Units include; '49 International KBS-7, '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '39 Buick sedan, '37 Allis Chalmers WC (other rusty old junk comes & goes without warning).

The two most useful tools you should own are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm

hi i wanted to wait a bit before replying to this topic due to the fact it has bin a heated one in the past.
with this said if your still looking for a set 2 i can have you a set made in amber plexi glass for $25.00 plus shipping as all i have is amber plexi glass and no clear.
reason being is because i myself and severail others have changed out the sockets in are grill lights from a singal element to a dual dual element to make are grill lights into turn singals.
next we found a dual element socket to fit the stock grill light housing so we can use a dual element 1157 bulb.
i myself not only put in the amber lens but also an amber led 1157 bulds so it would be brighter.
yet on the other hand i have seen allot of people change just the socket and retain the clear glass lens and just put an standard amber 1157 buld in.
contuining i am pretty sure that clear plexi would work with the stanadard orgional clear single buld.
reason being is the orgional glass lens is more of an opac white and not auctaly clear.
reason for this is with the lens being opac and not cleat it will elumanate more and for this this reason is why i not only used the amber lens but also an amber led bulb as it will shine/light up better so it can be seen better.
onto breaking down the cost.
to have the 2 lens cut out it costs me $20.00 dollars at my locaol glass shop.
in the past people have comented this was a waste of money/rip off as it was no big task to just cut out the lens with a good old jig saw.
well i disagree as i have tired to cut cut the lens out myself with a jig saw and it is not easy due to the size of the lens as well as the faxt the plexi glass i use is the same thickness as the stock glass lens.
next i charge $5.00 for the plexi glass which i make like maybe a dollar if even that much on it.
than the shipping is $6.00 dollars it is like $5.90 something for a small flate rate priority mail box.
lastly i have sold numerous sets of the amber plexi glass gril light lens and only charge what it costs me to have them made and no mark up as i have no time into making them.
robertkb48

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

I sent him a pair, it's all good
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm

good to know he got what he needed.
robertkb48

Return to K and KB