KB5 Rear Brake Lever Spring

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 am

KB5 Rear Brake Lever Spring

Does anyone know where I could find the spring for screw assembly that keeps the brake adjustment star from moving for my '48 KBS-5?

It's about 1/4 inch wide and about 2 inches long and would be fairly easy to replicate if I could find spring steel stock of the correct thickness.

Or, is there a similar piece that is on Ford, Chevy, etc, brakes that would work for me?

This is the only piece that's keeping me from having the rear brakes complete.

Thanks for the help!
Frank

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 am

Re: KB5 Rear Brake Lever Spring

Any good auto parts store worth its salt should have a nice selection of springs that would probably solve your problem. I'm not talking about Advance Auto Parts or Autozone or the likes....I'm talking about your hometown mom'n pop parts store. If you don't have any luck there, most good Ace Hardware stores also stock a good selection of various types of springs.

Good luck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

we have a small chain called McLendon's Hardware here, they have 2 full isles of oddball hardware besides the usual stuff, if you have a pic with dimensions, I'll take a look-see
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

It's not a coiled spring. It's flat stock made of spring steel and has an indentation down half the length of the piece. The indentation prevents the adjustment star from rotating. Do these stores ya'll have carry something like that? So far I cannot find it locally.

Return to K and KB