Clips for chrome grill pieces.

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:22 pm

Clips for chrome grill pieces.

I took a grill off a KB5 to put on my restoration project K-2.
I am using the 5 grill because it was in much better shape than what the orginial one was.
I am in need of the spring clips that hold some of the chrome to the grill.
I purchased the bolts that Chapin designs make and those will work where they are designed to work to hold the chrome on.
The spring clips are needed because the Chapin bolts require nuts and because of the rear of the grill design nuts will not work in those postitions.
I thought I read somewhere that something from the V/W would work buy I cannot find that information.
Thanks for any help.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:33 am

Re: Clips for chrome grill pieces.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 am

When I did mine several years ago I bought the re-pop clips. Pricey and very poor quality in my opinion. they bent and didn't hold very well, about half of them were rendered useless. Not sure if they are even available anymore. I was able to finish with them but if I were to do it again I would research using weatherstrip christmas tree fasteners. I ran across a "T" style that with a little finessing would slide behind the grill channel much like the original clip and press into the body slot. A google search should bring something up or a trip to an auto body supply house to match up the right size may help.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:19 am

If you enter "Kb grill clips" into the search bar on this site there is a post by Brianz showing the same clip I was trying to describe. Apparently he and others have used it successfuly.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Thanks for all the help.
I had sent an e-mail to Jacob Chapin he got back to me with Restoration Specialties KB15GC-CLP.
Looks to be just like the orginal ones.
I have them coming.

Thanks again.

Return to K and KB