Rubber Felt Door Glass Guide

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Rubber Felt Door Glass Guide

Any best practice to install need rubber felt door glass guide and felt?

Thanks

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Re: Rubber Felt Door Glass Guide

Just make sure you order extra clips to hold it in. Like four or five extra. You also need to have a needle nose pliers on hand to massage the clip's teeth to grab the felt channel at the right place and grab deep enough so the back of the clip still "clips" and goes into hole in channel. BTW the clips break very easy, so bend them slowly. Sometimes the clips can grab too wide and never seat at other end in hole, because they are too spread out. Sometimes flattening the teeth (taking out the slight bend in teeth) will get it to "squeeze" in there good.

I did my doors few months back was not too bad. Also I used a band saw to cut to length. Just put the whole thing in there and use tape to hold it up and in there while you measure where to cut off end. Really cram it in there so you get a good measurement. Sometimes you really have to push hard to get it to clip, but be careful not crush the "arrow" end that goes in hole. Also helps to get it nice and lined up to hole and tap it in with a skinny piece of wood or something that will fit in channel if it giving you trouble seating... And a zip tie can hold it in, temporally at one end, as well for measuring.

Return to K and KB