Firewall harnness clip

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Firewall harnness clip

Problem solve, just made my own out of stainless. They are just a tad wider but work both vertically and horizontally. (black stuff is a little rubber dip stuff on back to keep from scratching paint.)
I knew when I got a new dishwasher to rip off the old one's stainless front cover before they took it! Take that wife, for looking at me funny when I did it. Ha!
Useful scrap!
Attachments
DSC_0239-min.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Wylie wrote:Problem solve, just made my own out of stainless. They are just a tad wider but work both vertically and horizontally. (black stuff is a little rubber dip stuff on back to keep from scratching paint.)
I knew when I got a new dishwasher to rip off the old one's stainless front cover before they took it! Take that wife, for looking at me funny when I did it. Ha!
Useful scrap!

Perfect! I always save metal bits, bolts and nuts and a lot of other useful parts before I trash something. I have a great collection and always find what I need.
Way to go on the clips! I am still checking out the melting plastic and my son is wondering how it would hold up under use, etc. I'm sure we will give it a try for something.
Bob

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Did you get the power cord? The leveling feet and the door springs are another handy take-aways. I used to pick up portable dishwashers and remove the wood tops. Many of the tops were made of maple. I always made $20 or more on the resale of the maple tops.
I have several of the cutlery baskets. They are handy in the parts washer for scrapers and brushes.
Attachments
Singer base~maple top.jpg
repurposed Singer Sewing machine base with dishwasher maple top.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Ah! I missed the basket, good call. If I had some property, it would be full.
Previous

Return to K and KB