Door Lock

The old and reliable.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am

Door Lock

48 KB1, trying to put in the pass side door lock, Figured out to line up the square rod. Using a wire rod thru the hole in the door into the square rod, but thats as far as I got. Won't go in all the way so I can put in the spring clip. Need to get a key. How do I get the tumbler out of the lock ?

Lefty 1948

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Re: Door Lock

I would say you are kilometers ahead of many other persons. You figured out the easier way to fit with an alignment wire concept.
Good for you.
In the "daze" gone by, I took the lock assembly to a locksmith for service and keys. If you take an ignition key with you, the lock can be set to that key.
Some, not all of the spring clips I have had to be in place so the square drive could pass through the clip. Some of the retainer clips are an open end "C" clip style. All of my clips are from 1951, 1952 and 1953.
I just looked in my Canadian "R" IHC parts book. There are pictures of parts for everything door related, but the lock.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Re: Door Lock

Well I figured it out, It seems that you have to put the lock up side down because their is a raised section the side of the unit & there is a notch in the door for it. :h0212:

Return to K and KB