Rear Leaf Spring Hanger Brackets

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Rear Leaf Spring Hanger Brackets

I am looking for a pair (front bracket and rear bracket) of the rear leaf spring hanger brackets that would have been installed on a 1941 K2, as shown below.

The front bracket is riveted to the frame and a crossmember but is otherwise simple in design. The rear bracket (shackle mount) appears to be bolted to the frame and is extremely simple in design.

As I approach my project, I intend to fabricate new leaf spring hanger brackets to accommodate wider springs and would like to use the existing brackets as a basis of design but am unable to remove mine at the moment without compromising the rolling chassis. I hope to be able to pull together a "kit" which would include designs that could be shared with a local machine shop for fabrication as well as part numbers for a new hanger, bushings and other needed hardware.

Has anyone been down this road before? No reason for me to re-invent the wheel if it's already been done.

I am happy to pay for the brackets if someone has a set they can remove or have removed in place of another rear suspension design.
2006 Subaru Impala WRX Wagon (daily driver)
2001 Ford F150 Supercrew (hauler)
1985 Ford F150 (donor)
1941 International K2 (project)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Re: Rear Leaf Spring Hanger Brackets

You have what you need to copy to make new spring hangers. Don't get too hung up on the original design, but, use it a s a guide-line.
I built new spring hanger/brackets for my L110. The "L" brackets are more complicated, but still easy to replicate.
If this were mu truck, I would be removing the brackets before moving on to the next step. The riveted brackets can be removed by drilling the rivets out. Center punch then drill with a .125" bit for a pilot hole. I suspect the rivets are 7/16". I removed all of the spring hanger rivets on out L110. I will be re-fastening the brackets with 7?16" grade 8, fine thread bolts.
I will post a few pictures. I doubt this will help you very much.
Attachments
PERCHES AND SHACKLES.jpg
FUEL TANK FILLER LOCATION (2).jpg
FUEL TANK FILLER LOCATION (2).jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Re: Rear Leaf Spring Hanger Brackets

I have NOS for front axle, not rear axle
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Return to K and KB