Rear Bumper

The old and reliable.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 am

Re: Rear Bumper

I have an extra rear bumper but it is in rough shape. My chrome shop said it would not be worth re-chroming but it could still be painted.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 am

tommy73 wrote:I have an extra rear bumper but it is in rough shape. My chrome shop said it would not be worth re-chroming but it could still be painted.

Hold on to that, Someone might like to get it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 pm

I prefer bumper less but put a them front and rear on my 41 K1. Friday a guy backed into my daily driver and wrecked my bumper(the only rotten piece on the truck) So he gave me $300 and I went down to the scrap yard and bought a piece of 6" c channel and built a new one for $24. Point is, you would be so pissed if someone hits your truck where a bumper would have saved the body from significant damage. For bumper brackets on my K model I bent 4 of my overload springs to 90 degree and used 2 on each side for brackets,,with the hump in the middle of the spring the bracket looks vintage

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I have a C channel rear bumper too. It looks home made and is the full width of outside fenders and still bent :-).

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

tommy73 wrote:I have an extra rear bumper but it is in rough shape. My chrome shop said it would not be worth re-chroming but it could still be painted.

my bumpers were in bad shape, lots of rust, not much chrome left. the front was bent, the rear had holes. the chrome shop i took them to in dallas did an excellent job on both. the look like new.
Previous

Return to K and KB