K-4 Owners

The old and reliable.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:32 am

Re: K-4 Owners

Installed electric fuel pump. Works Great. My key has a spring loaded position normally used for "Start". I wired the fuel pump to that terminal so I can momentarily run the fuel pump before actually pressing the foot actuated starter. Once oil pressure comes up the fuel pump continues to run. No more leaks around the old pump diaphragm and sight glass. Way less expensive than fixing the mechanical pump. Also fills carburetor before cranking engine. Saves lots of cranking when it has been setting around for a while.
FunWithOldTruck.jpg
Some Precious Cargo

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 pm

I like your idea of using the start position of the keyswitch to prime the fuel system.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:47 pm

Sorry i haven't been posting any improvements. Had to take a break and get my Montana apartment finished. Should get the sideboards on there in 2022. I did use it to haul materials to the apartment. Had 21 sheets of 10 foot drywall on there and couldn't tell if the springs dropped any:) I can't imagine what it would take to get it on the overload springs.
Still looking for other K4 owners. Not many out there.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:08 pm

Now I am thinking about the steering box. It works but gets sticky when turned near the end of one direction. Haven't really checked anything yet. Any rebuild parts available for 1941 K4?
Previous

Return to K and KB