Model "FA" ??????

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Model "FA" ??????

I found the ID plate to my KS7 ( I think it's a KS7 vs a KS6) on the floorboard of the cab just under where the left foot would go. Most ID plates I have seen are on the firewall, but this one has the ID plate on the cab floor? I can see letters stamped into the plate almost non readable due to 70 years of feet stomping on top of the plate. The letters read "FA 5481", not sure about the numbers. Can anyone help identify the year and model?? I know the number stamped on the frame is better to use, but I can't find it yet with all the paint on the frame. Maybe once I sand the paint I can find it but I was wondering if anyone could make heads or tales of what I can read???

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q490/granadacouchpotato/ElsinoreValley-20130428-00405.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q490/granadacouchpotato/ElsinoreValley-20130428-00404.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Model "FA" ??????

The smaller tag is the cab serial number, FA 5481. The info you want is on the larger tag next to it. The chassis serial number is the one you want, it will start with the model then the serial number. It would be KS7 or 6
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Model "FA" ??????

The large tag is worn free of any numbers :( :( :( ! That is what you get when you put a tag where your feet go which is why I think they moved the tag up to the firewall in later years! When I get around to taking off the fenders I will sand the paint off and look for the chassis SS number, I think that is my only hope!!! :D

Return to K and KB