Oil filter part #

The old and reliable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Oil filter part #

Curt,the filter info I posted is using the IH PN's directly from the MT-52D part's manual and are the only 3 listed. I then took over an hour to cross reference each PN on the aftermarket filter mfr's. sites,rechecking each to the other.I also looked at the dimensions for each,which there were slight variations,but nothing drastic.I used the WIX measurement's for the DeLuxe elements as they are the most complete.

Here's links for the MT-52D parts manual engine section (in case you don't have one) so you can take a look to see if they match yours.
The illustrations are in this section;
https://app.box.com/shared/otkihx6yoa/1 ... 56336940/1

The actual parts listing's in this section;
0107D for the DeLuxe , 0107E for the Michiana
https://app.box.com/shared/otkihx6yoa/1 ... 56340770/1

It may take a few minutes to load using a browser,but much faster with a PDF reader such as Adobe. Just click "download" and either save or open.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Scotso, I concur from real life experience with your post. I will tell you that I have a deluxe filter, and the 70671 IH or LF505 are the ONLY ones I have found that will fit correctly in my filter canister. With that said, others may have different experience. I have a NOS 70690 filter in original box, that will NOT fit the canister. If someone has something that it will fit, I'll send it to them for $5 and $5 postage.

lastly, do you have any pictures of the Michiana filter? I have never seen one and would love to see a picture.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Guys. Been following your conversation about filters. I have a 46' K2 with GRD214. This is the first time I have attempted to change the oil and have a few "dumb" questions that I cannot find the answers to in my service manual. Hopefully you guys can help?

First: I have a 4" canister style oil filter, but how do you tell if standard or deluxe? Mine is a sock type filter.
Second: Is there something that holds the sock filter in canister? Mine is jammed into canister and will not come loose. Is there something holding it down? Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated. Don't want to mess something else up. Can't afford to keep taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards :lol:
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Maybe I should have been more specific in the list?
There are 2 Deluxe filters listed,the 1st one (DeLuxe mod.JGA-103) that uses the70671H/LF505 element is listed for the GRD 175,175A,214,214A & 233. The 2nd one (DeLuxe mod. CU) is listed for the GRD233A.
The PN's for the body (canister) & cap are different so there must be a definite diameter difference (?).

Lugnut... DeLuxe is the manufacturer of the filter assembly,just as Michiana is for the other.
The way I've interpreted the filters it appears the Michiana was an option for all the engines(?).

You may have to immerse the canister in something like diesel fuel and let it soak awhile. My guess is the fabric is glued to some gunk in the bottom.It also might work faster if as much of the element is removed by cutting it out first.

To see if you have all the parts use the 1st link in my previous post,there's a detailed illustration of it.

If you can't find the filter locally I Googled the IH,Fleetguard and Baldwin #'s,the IH 70671H was used in ag equipment so some Case/IH dealers may have them? The Baldwin (JC405) gets the most hits and is even available thru Grainger. :o

Can't help with the pic Tom other than the parts book diagram in the link. I'm pretty sure one was posted but on the old forum. Not sure who posted it,might have been CB89? I believe it was used on the BLD269 if that helps.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks Scottso. That worked
" Seemed like a good idea at the time "

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Southland International has the filter!
Previous