Inside rear view mirror and head liner

The old and reliable.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:25 am

Re: Inside rear view mirror and head liner

first and for most i have nothing ill are negative towards captinbob.
how ever he is mistaken as to what the original/factory optional rear view mirror is for the k/kb series.
yet that does not mean that the rear view mirror he has in his truck is not original to his truck.
reason being is all ihc dealers would add basically what ever a buyer wanted to make the sell.
yet myself as well as spikedog have done extensive research and have confirmed that the ford rear view mirror sold buy macs auto parts is the one that ihc installed from the factory if the buyer order it from the factory.
but again no 2 ihc pickups are the same due to the fact dealers not the factory would install basically any thing the buyer wanted to make the sell.
there for even though captinbobs rear view mirror is not the correct style that would have bin installed at the factory if the truck was ordered one it does not mean it is not original to his truck as it could have very easily bin a custom item installed to the dealer ship pre the buyer request.
FURTHER MORE THE FACTORY REVIEW MIRROR IS MOUNTED DEAD CENTER OF THE HEADER PANEL JUST FOWARD OF THE WIPER SWITCH AND NOT WERE CAPTINBOBS IS MOUNTED.
SPIKEDOG HAD POSTED PICS OF AN ORGIONAL MOUNTED REAR VIEW MIRROR IN THE PAST HERE ON THESIGHT AND I TO HAD PICS OF 2 MORE TRUCKS WITH THE FACTORY MIRROR MOUNTED WHICH IS THE MACS REAR VIEW MIRROR.
THIS SAID I WOULD POST THE PICS YET THEY WERE ON MY OLD COMPUTER THAT CRASHED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND I LOST EVERY THING INCLUDING ALL MY PHOTOS SO I CAN NOT POST ANY YET SPIKEDOG MAY STILL HAVE HIS PHOTOS.
lastly for those that want the factory rear view mirror that was installed buy the factory in trucks that were ordered with a rear view mirror you want the macs mirror listed as again it is the factory correct mirror.
Robertkb48

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Of the 3 k models i have only the k5 had a rearview mirror and it was attached to the centre bar of windshield frame..it was the same as those on the 40's fords of the day, so a dealer or owner add on. This one here is what I have however the stem is not long enough..you need a stem at least 5" long for a good view,,I put a spacer on my stem temporarily 3 years ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HOT-RAT ... c8&vxp=mtr

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Here are two pics of the Ford mirror I recently bought. My truck did not have rear view mirror and the rear window was blocked by the side boards.
Attachments
mirror-front.jpg
mirror-back.jpg

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:11 pm

I found the mirror by googling the part number listed on the third post above. MAC's part # 11A-17681-SS. This is how I found out what years will work. Then I just googled a mirror for the Ford. I found this one on HAMB.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks Rick!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 am

I wonder if there was a stock rear view mirror from the factory on these trucks. I accidently found this one on ebay. It is a vintage aftermarket mirror offered for several different vehicles. The sheet that comes with it shows that there were several different models of the mirror. The company name is Monarch and has the same finish that some have posted pics of here. Just wondering. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS-Monarch-Rear-View-Mirror-30s-40s-50s-Street-Rat-Hot-Rod-Custom-Truck-/391424278588
BTW...this is a very old topic, lol

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:56 am

price is right, I posted this pic in another thread, I've owned a bunch of K, KBs and most of them had this set up,

not saying it was the only one, but it was certainly a option the IHC used a lot,
Attachments
20160329_110902_resized.jpg
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Previous

Return to K and KB