SPECIALTY METAL WORK

Place to tell and show the tools you have made/Modified to work on your International!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:18 pm

SPECIALTY METAL WORK

I just talked to a person, from a Craigslist advertisement. He does specialty metal work and I thought this may be of interest to some persons on this forum http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/tls/5898039113.html\ If a person calls him, he can give information on how to his location on Instagram. Chris 604-307-6061
the bead roller the craftsman used is from https://www.mittlerbros.com/
I have one POS bead roller left. I have spent some time and money on trying to get this roller to work properly. The shafting appears to be strong enough, but the body of the roller is prone to distort under load. I do not want to spend the money it will cost to upgrade to a Mittler Brothers, so I am likely to make a new and stronger frame and then add a better drive system to my hokey pokey POS to see if I can "turn it around"
Attachments
BEADROLLER 1.jpg
BEADROLLER 2.jpg
drill mount and gear redustion
BEADROLLER 3.jpg
remount "foot" operated cable drive
BEADROLLER 4.jpg
components for remote cable trigger
BEADROLLER 5.jpg
this is a toggle clamp and it works better than the original bolt and nut that stripped on the first try.
BEADROLLER REMOTE TRIGGER ACTUATOR 6.jpg
this is the trigger that operates the M18 Milwaukee drill
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: SPECIALTY METAL WORK

Here is some bead roller art I have made for gifts this past few weeks. I have a cheap bead roller that I powered with a 50:1 worm drive and a 500rpm variable speed drive drill. Foot controller set up to push the drill trigger via a bicycle brake cable. The more your foot pushes the pedal the faster it goes. Works pretty good for a simple set up. I can run it down to about 2 rpm. I wish it ran even slower for detail work like this.
Attachments
Mustang.JPG
Mustang for a Ford Lover
Mopar Hub Cap.JPG
Mopar Hub cap for a Dodge Lover
IHC.JPG
IHC for a Tractor Guy
Fish.jpg
Fish for a fisherman
Firebird.JPG
Firebird for a Pontiac Guy

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 am

Re: SPECIALTY METAL WORK

I've never had the opportunity to use a bead roller. Even if I had I could never come close to matching the results you did. That's talent, your friends are very lucky.

Return to What Special tools Have you Made?