Fab bench

Place to tell and show the tools you have made/Modified to work on your International!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Re: Fab bench

I have one that is purported to be an almost Look alike doppelganger, but would not dare post it. I count Nikki as a good friend, and I count all the rest of you as friends also. Just found out that my Brother in Law is Cancer free at this time!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:59 pm

I count Nikki as a good friend,

He seems like a fine gent for sure..

I know he did not mean his comment on another post:
I prefer the Diesel growl to the annoying clatter of ancient valve clearances.

I saw this right after my long journey to get my trucks sweet valves humming in harmony , ( annoying? , clatter? , ancient ? )
hey, my truck resembles them remarks.. :t3724:

Be well

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:40 pm

I did mean it, the comment was not directed at anyone. I just don't want that sound in my truck. Keep it original is not for me, although I do appreciate a restoration, well done.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 pm

I don't suppose the administration would allow my doppelganger as my avatar. Anyway, some of the detail might get lost in the resizing". I thought the tiny yellow bird, on the finger, was a nice touch, though. A sparrow used to fly into the shop and sit on my HAZET COMPANION tool cart and eat some muffin pieces I left out. A crow used to look under the garage door and make a terrible racket until I opened the door fully. I have not seen either bird in some time. A big old crow used to come and visit the shop where I worked because of a steady supply of treats. My latest daily visitor is a Melanerpes erythrocephalus or red head woodpecker. I googled it. Hydro has capped their poles with aluminium.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I could not resist any longer. This is the cropped version.
I first used this picture not cropped when this jerk called me quite by surprise. He and his friend were the worst bullies in the small town where we lived in the 1950s. the two of them made life hell on earth for my brother and I. Now, both of them are evangelical pastors. What are the chances?
The bully asked for a picture of me so he could see how I changed. He had attached a picture of his wife and himself to his email. I, not wanting to send my picture, went to the internet and found this picture. Close enough, I thought.
I have lost 75 kilograms (175 #) since I sent that picture

EDIT: Ok, enough suffering. That picture is retired.
Attachments
ON A STREET NEAR HERE..jpg
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks alot Buddy, I had almost gotten that image out of my head! :t1809: :t3724: :h0212: :bashhead: :whistling2:

I still chuckle at the thought of you sending that to them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 pm

( Do hope this helps to get that photo nut posted above out of your head... I hope it is photo shopped..)

Anyway , we have been using our light welding bench quite a bit, my son came up with the idea of adding the angle pieces
while he was doing a soldering project. The sheet metal plate fits flush back over the for standard table work..
I was joking with him the other day , saying we could stoke it with wood and cook a steak or two.

Previous

Return to What Special tools Have you Made?