1936 international

The place to put your 1940 and older "Build Off" story.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:09 pm

1936 international

Acquired what I believe to be a1936 international. I am in the process of z-Ing the frame to drop the cab. I would like to find a title for my vehicle. Have no tags or markings. Any input would be awesome. Thanx

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: 1936 international

good luck. untitled vehicles can be a mess depending on the state you live.

AZD

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 pm

The best place to start is to check your state's department of motor vehicles website. There should be information about obtaining a replacement title. Depending on the state it can range from very simple to nearly impossible.

The key is to establish prior lawful ownership, and then transfer that lawful ownership to you. Normally that is the title itself, so obviously that is out. A bill of sale may help, as long as the seller was also the legal owner on record. Any prior records in the DMV system will help, too. But if you got the truck from a guy who got it from another guy who pulled it from behind a farmer's barn in Arkabama 30 years ago, well, you see where this can get complicated. The last registered owner could be in the wrong state and on the wrong side of the grass by now. Each state will deal with this situation differently.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Your truck frame has a serial # stamped in it right below the left front bumper mount. That # is the same on the would be serial # plate. If the truck is from your state the DMV may know by that number who the last owner was.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:35 am

As previously stated the S/N is located on the left frame rail behind the front bumper. The original data tag should have been located on the right side fender forward of the door on the flat spot under the cab line. May want to look into a replica tag and stamp the S/N found on the frame onto the replacement tag

Return to 1940 and older Build-Off