1930 6 Speed Special

The place to put your 1940 and older "Build Off" story.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Re: 1930 6 Speed Special

Most folks here on the site know the effort in finding original parts, the tedious hours spent on the 'net trying to find anything, and the constant frustrations of the restoration process. One of my best friends in Texas told me several years ago that he wanted something I restored. Out of my friendship for him and respect, I told him a few years ago that he could have it when I'm done. I have almost regretted those words many times and did love the truck, but I was raised in Texas where your word means something, so last week I delivered it to him! We agreed on a price that was more than I had into it monetarily, and a little for my many hours of frustration. I think he was happy, and I ended up picking up a 1923 Ford TT truck I had purchased in Texas last spring to make the trip from northern Arizona worth while. I will miss the 6 speed, but it will be in a good home forever. His son most likely will end up with it at some point in time, but will still be in a good home. Thanks for the help I've received here and wish everyone the best!

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu May 04, 2023 10:46 am

Guess I should have posted a few photos of the truck as it was before I took it to the new owner. Sure ran great and fun to drive!
Attachments
20200515_141456_resized_1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Stop back by once in a while! Your experience is valuable to others.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.
Previous

Return to 1940 and older Build-Off