1954 R-122 Partial Cab Van

The place to put your L, R and S "Build Off" story.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: 1954 R-122 Partial Cab Van

I can see myself going to garage sales with that mystery truck. I am starting to really like the silly looking thing. I can see it as a 4X4 with Diesel power. I had to say this just for Lloyd.
All of this hot-rodding stuff is an exercise in throwing some money away. If a person can keep in mind that it is just the cost of having some fun the project will go down easier. There will surely be so much less to explain with this truck than being caught with a handful of ............................................... well, you know.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 pm

The thing to remember when building any of these trucks is: If you intend to "flip" it for a profit, you'll likely lose your hind end.

So...IF you decide to build the truck...build it for YOUR enjoyment. Build it right and tight, build it safe...and then drive your investment out of it. Take it to your local burger joint cruises. Take it to the local parades. That's what the folks in my area who have restored, resto-modded, rat-rodded, or otherwise rebuilt old cars and trucks do with them. If it's a seldom-seen body, it'll draw a lot of attention [which is why I wouldn't put a small-block Chevy in a rarer model...the unique part is what drew 'em to the truck, don't blow it by putting them to sleep when you open the hood. But that's personal preference here.].
My posts contain my own opinions...your mileage may vary, void where prohibited, objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:33 pm

I like the look - from the front anyway. For a reasonable assesment, taking more pics for us to see would be the first order of business. ☺

It looks like an R120 to me, at least from the wipers down. Get yourself a good running R120 truck and swap over the necessary panels & pieces. Add a few grand for seals and glass and you've got a cool runner!

Or... toss $80,000 at it for a diesel and a rad paint job. I'm sure that would be safer, which is pretty trendy these days. Lol! Both ways can work and both ways are good.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:30 pm

I like it! Where can I pick it up?
Previous

Return to L, R and S Build-Off