My L110 Rebuild

The place to put your L, R and S "Build Off" story.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: My L110 Rebuild

Well it's been quite a while since adding to my progress but I assure you I haven't left it to rust. Sourced new wheel bearings and got them installed, this past summer I tracked down a parts L130 with a engine that looked in good shape, everything there so brought it home. Engine was stuck and couldn't break it free so out it came this winter and is in the middle of a complete rebuild. All tore down right now, new gaskets are on the way from travelallparts.com. Goal is to have it running by the end of April with any luck and then I can start putting the body back on this summer and take it for a test run. Wish I had more time for the old gal but work and family have to come first. Also been talking with the guys from TSM MFG on getting a set of rear brakes for the L110. In the final stages of making that happen just have to do a few last measures and should be good to go! Hopefully some other L110 project will find them of use.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am

Are you doing this engine rebuild yourself? What are doing to rebuild this engine?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:44 pm

wish you were closer to me. The front and rear axle from my truck...hub to hub needs to find a new home. all brakes in good order

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:27 am

I'm pretty happy with the way my frame has come together, Just my choice to go to disc brakes over drums. As for the engine I'm doing some of the work myself, farming out bits and pieces to get done. Head is going to get rebuilt buy a shop, I'm planning on cleaning up the engine, engine parts myself and putting the bottom half back together. Question for anyone, where did you source your piston rings from?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:56 am

The machine shop should be able to supply the piston rings after they measure the cylinder bores. It is very likely there could be some irregularities in the bores from wearing during service. New rings may not seal, could break and destroy the cylinder walls. A quick measure and and an inexpensive honing by an experienced professional may be your best option to get the best and longest engine life.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....
Previous

Return to L, R and S Build-Off